Thread: Where can i get Wired Network Adapter drivers for Lenovo ThinkPad T42?

Where can i get Wired Network Adapter drivers for Lenovo ThinkPad T42?

Hi, I have a Lenovo T42 ThinkPad and I have formatted it and installed a Ubuntu first and then I came to know that I need to install a particular drivers for the hardware’s I am using, so I installed windows XP but still it seems that some of the drivers are necessary and among them only I want to install wired Network Adapter drivers, but I am not sure where can I get this drovers. And the thing that I have noticed is like whenever I installed any driver in my machine the previous one gets wiped out, why so?

Re: Where can i get Wired Network Adapter drivers for Lenovo ThinkPad T42?

You can get the driver from the official rather respective website of the product you have. No doubt that you’ll get the same driver from the other websites as well, but still the thing is like why roam around all the websites while we have option to get it straight from the official website only. Yeah off course you can refer other websites if suppose you don’t get the driver from the official site.

I am agree with the above user but still I would like to suggest you that you should get the drivers from the site according to the network card. Because from there only you’ll get the appropriate drivers for the laptop. But still you can have both the option as you can have the drivers from this site rather mentioned by the above user. When you enter in that site you need to just enter the product detail and it will provide you the thing that you want.

Hey thanks for the suggestion, but I have also heard that the drivers are OS specific as well, isn’t it? as I mentioned I am currently using windows XP but still planning to have windows 7 in my machine, so will the same driver work on that as well? Or I have to download the drovers again for that windows separately? This is really to awful, as I never experience it because I haven’t formatted the machine ever before.

As you have mentioned that you switch the operating system as you came to know that you need to have drivers, so let me tell you that you must have to have the drovers for the OS you have but as far as windows 7 is concern, there isn’t any need of having drivers rather all the necessary drivers are preinstalled with the OS itself, so we can directly use it without any glitches. So that’s better option as if you installed the windows 7 in the machine.

You should get the windows 7 only if you don’t want to bother about the drovers for the particular hardware that you use, in fact I also uses the same strategy as I have lost my driver CD since last few years. But the surest thing is like you need to have drover if you install any other OS apart from this. And no doubt you can install your own driver as well in the windows 7 if you are not satisfied with the preinstalled driver.