Thread: unable to type letters from keyboard in Lenovo thinkpad

unable to type letters from keyboard in Lenovo thinkpad

I am the user of Lenovo from last two years. I have purchased the new Lenovo Laptop last month. I like the performance of it when I seen that at my friend’s home. So I also purchased it. But after that a faced some serious problem with it. I cant get any idea to solve this. The actual problem is when I am trying to boot up my device, then any of the numbers keys or letter keys only type the numbers. And they type only one number that is ‘1’. There is no difference whether I hit letter key or number key. Then whenever I try to hit any key the numbers display in sequence. I also try to on and off the Num lock key but that doesn’t matter. The problem reappear again and again. The weird thing about the whole process when I trying to hit the hibernate key either by closing the lid or hitting the Fn or F4 keys then my device wake up after sometime and then back to normal. Can anyone give me any ideas to solve this problem? Please help me.

Re: unable to type letters from keyboard in Lenovo thinkpad

I heard that kind of problem. But this problem cannot solve by any direct solution. Or you can say I don’t know the exact solution for that. But I can give you some advice to apply some methods that may solve your problem. I think the problem may occurred because of the external USB device like the keyboard being plugged into the computer etc. so you can try to start the thinkpad without the use of any other USB device. I thought that makes some difference. Or there is another way to solve this problem. You can try to boot from the Linux Live CD. I hope this will work for you.

I thought this problem occurred due to several reasons. I don’t know the exact reason for that. But here I am giving you the solution which can be useful to you as I think. First you need to check one thing. You should boot your device normally as usual. Then you need to open Command prompt. For that the filename is CMD.EXE. After opening that you have to type”SET NUMLOCK”. When this typing is done then press the ENTER key on the keyboard. As I know by this process you can set your Num lock back to the normal. I think in this way you can solve your problem. Try this for better experience.

I read your problem and I do search on that from the web (from Google actually). And I discovered that you can use some efficient tools to solve your problem. Here I am giving you one of them. You can try to Constant Guard software which is provided by the Comcast and it is very useful in the cases like yours. This is the brilliant idea to get rid of this problem. You have to install that in your system and try to change the setting of the keyboard system. I hope this will work for you.

I think the problem is regarding to your hardware only. You can try to do some checkout on you machines like you can use the external USB keyboard for testing. If that works then the problem is definitely in your keyboard. The problem may relate to your hard disk space also. So you can also try to use another HDD having more capacity for your drive. But these methods only solve the problem if there is hardware issue. But if you have software issue then you need to change your operating system. You can try to boot from the Linux Live CD for new operating system. I think this can provide you some help to solve your problem.

I read your problem and I come to know that you have the problem in hardware only. Here I can give you some solutions to you. you have to check out is there any external device like USB connecting device available or not. then you have the choice of change in the operating system. You can also use the USB key board for temporary use. I think this can fix your problem. Thank you.

I read your description. In that you have mentioned that you just purchased the device at last month. So I think you have the warrantee in your system. So try to check out for the replacement. If you have the problem in hardware then definitely get the help form it. You can also solve the problem if there is software issue. You can get support from Lenovo support site. For that you have to go on the Lenovo authenticated site. You can also check out for your systems plug-in sometimes they also cause this kind of problem. Hope this will make worth for you.