Thread: Getting Error Code 504 - offline ovi-maps update failure in Nokia C5-00 after updating the firmware

Getting Error Code 504 - offline ovi-maps update failure in Nokia C5-00 after updating the firmware

Hello friends I some days before my sister gave me Nokia C5-00 mobile as a gift and I like this mobile as this mobile phone has almost all the features which I required. Now I have recently done firmware update in my Nokia C5-00 mobile phone and after that when I tried to install the new Ovi-Maps offline in my mobile at that time I am getting error. Now please tell me what should do to solve this issue.

Re: Getting Error Code 504 - offline ovi-maps update failure in Nokia C5-00 after updating the firmware

I am aware of this issue and normally whenever you get the problem with installing application in mobile phone it means there is something wrong with the system files of your problem which are causing this issue. If you want to solve this issue then you have to do restore factory setting in your mobile phone and after that check whether you are getting the same problem or not I think after doing the restore factory setting you will be able to install the OVI maps in your mobile phone.

Re: Getting Error Code 504 - offline ovi-maps update failure in Nokia C5-00 after updating the firmware

Well according to me you should try to solve this issue by trying this solution. First you have to delete all the maps from the application menu and after that you have to download the map again by using the OVI suite in from your computer. Now after doing that you will be able to use the Nokia OVI maps in your Nokia C5-00 mobile phone. I hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved. if you want to know anything more than please let me know.

I have read your above post and after reading that I have done restore factory setting in my mobile phone and after doing the restore factory setting also I was not able to install the OVI maps in my Nokia C5-00 mobile phone. Now after that I have deleted all the maps from my mobile phone and then I have used nokia OVI suite to install the map In my mobile and after that OVI maps installed successfully in my mobile but after that my mobile gets restart automatically and when I try to open OVI maps at that time it doesn’t work. Please help me to solve this issue.

In your above post you have mentioned that after trying installing the OVI maps from OVI suite also you are not able to use the OVi maps then I think there might be something went wrong while updating the firmware and that is why you are facing this problem and I think you should visit the Nokia care and there you will get the proper solution. I hope this information will help you to solve this issue.