Thread: Bluetooth doesn’t work on T400.

Bluetooth doesn’t work on T400.

I have recently been gifted with a 2767-DR4 with Windows XP SP3 and I am trying to install my wireless mouse that works on Bluetooth, but due to some reason I am unable to connect it . I tried everything but to no avail i have changed the battery of the mouse still it doesn't work i tried connecting my mouse on my friends PC and it worked, this led me to think whether this notebook has a Bluetooth in first place or not if yes than where? As this is a gift I don’t have a user manual for this hence I am completely” zonked”. Can anyone bail me out on this and help me connect my Bluetooth mouse.

Re: Bluetooth doesn’t work on T400.

Are you facing this issue due to a software? I once faced the same issue when i had installed skype, so if you are facing the same issue the only solution is to reinstall to the 4.1 version of Skype, which you can download on Google. You can also search crashing issue & has not been fixed yet. Download & install version 4.1 from that link & make sure to uncheck the auto update option in settings so Skype does not update to the newer version that has this issue, as the newer version has some issues in detecting certain Bluetooth devices. Hence it could be the reason you are unable to install our Bluetooth mouse. Try this out and see if it is useful or not let me know.

You need to click on the Start menu than select Control Panel, than switch to Classic View & search for Bluetooth Devices icon, you have to search it among the options. If you see the icon it should not be Grey in color( or without any cross mark/exclamation mark be there in case) oce you are sure that it is already installed & be sure that the Bluetooth dongle has a flashing LED. Flashing LED means it is working properly.Try to disconnect the Bluetooth dongle, restart computer, install it again & see what happens. Try changing the USB port the Bluetooth Dongle is currently connected to a different one and check again it should work this time.

First make sure that the Bluetooth is turned on in your laptop if not than check it in start menu, control panel, Bluetooth Devices. once you have made sure that there is no issue with the drivers click on the Bluetooth icon in your system tray, if youre unable try opening it through control panel or on your desktop if even doesn't open Bluetooth menu, then you should better reinstall the Bluetooth software. just check after installing the software. If you still face trouble try resetting your mouse there may be a reset button on the bottom of the mouse. Sometimes by just mere resetting things work!

On Windows XP with Microsoft Standard Bluetooth software installed, you must perform the following steps in order to complete the installation of the Inbuilt Bluetooth II software. Turn the Bluetooth power on. -Click Start, select Control Panel. -Click Performance and Maintenance, and then click System.
    -Click the Hardware tab, and then click Device Manager. -Double-click Bluetooth Radios.
    -Double-click Inbuilt Bluetooth II. -Click the Driver tab, then click the Update Driver... button.
    -Select Install from a list or specific location then click Next. -Select don’t search. I will choose the driver to install, and then click next. -Select the driver without the Digital Signed icon, and click next.
    -Note: If you do not see the driver with the digital signature, click "Have disk", then enter "C:\Drivers\WIN\BDCAT" in the "Copy manufacturer's files from:" box, click OK, then select next.
    -When a pop-up window appears, click the Continue Anyway button. -Click Finish to close window.

Thank you all guys for your help, Thank you for the replies. I finally saw a post that mentioned the BIOS, so I checked and my Bluetooth I/O was turned off there. So after turning it on, I was one time able to turn it on by just hitting the Fn-F5 key. once my bluetooth was up and running it took me no time to connect my mouse. Now i am using my mouse while am typing this post. It's a wonderful feeling as i find it really difficult to operate my laptop with the built in mouse it gives me goose bumps but now i am happy, once again guys Thank you for your support!!