Thread: Lenovo L420 does not get into hibernation mode when running on battery

Lenovo L420 does not get into hibernation mode when running on battery

Hello I have bought the Lenovo L420 ThinkPad and under that I have installed the windows XP operating system. Everything was working perfect and I have describe in the default Lenovo energy profile ENERGY SAVER in addition to standby and so that the laptop will turn into hibernation after 15 minutes. When I connected to power cable mine system work perfectly but when I connect to battery the hibernation not working. Now I don’t what to do and how to get ride this issue. Can anyone suggest on this issue and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Lenovo L420 does not get into hibernation mode when running on battery

I have gone through the same issue and so therefore I would like to suggest you to make sure that your hibernation work manually through the FN+F12 key. First make sure this and if its work then there might issue on BIOS and so therefore I would like to suggest you to make reset the BIOS to default and after that again make setting and after that you’re able to solve the issue.

I think you have issue on the power manager software that your using and if the power manager software is corrupted and then you face this issue and so therefore I would like to suggest you to make uninstall the power manager software and after that install the power manager software from the official Lenovo website and after that your issue will get solved. I’d like to suggest you to make updated the BIOS as well.

Make sure that you have followed the below steps on the BIOS screen and once you finishing the steps and after that your hibernation issue will get solved and to do this you need to open the BIOS windows. Restart the system and hit appropriate key to open the BIOS. Now on the BIOS windows go to the configuration and after that click on the power. Now on the power make sure that you have enabled the Timer Wake with Battery Operation and after that save the setting and boot the system again.

Try to update the windows on your system and after that let me know the issue. To do this you need to go through the following steps: make click on the start icon on the desktop and after that click on the run. Now on the run type: appwiz.cpl and after that click on the ok button. Now on the control panel make double click on the windows updated and after that make click on the check for the updated and once you get the updated and after that make install the updated.

First of all make sure that computer supports hibernation and standby features and after that let me know the issue. To do these make click on the start icon and after that click on the run. Now on the run type: powercfg.cpl and after that click on the ok button. Now you will get the windows and under that click on the hibernation tab on the Power Options Properties section. Now on the hibernation tab make check mark on the Enable hibernation check box and after that click on the apply button.

I would like to suggest you to repair the operating system and after that your issue will get solved. I have faced the same issue on mine system as well and after that I have repaired mine system and then mine issue was get solved. so try to repair your system and after that go through your issue. if repairing also doesn’t help you then I would like to suggest you to make contact with the manufacturer and after that go through your difficult and then they will solve your issue.