Thread: Random shutdown without BSOD on Lenovo ThinkPad W520

Random shutdown without BSOD on Lenovo ThinkPad W520

I have bought the Lenovo ThinkPad W520 laptop and I have installed the windows XP operating system. Everything on the system working fine without any issue and I have recently installed the software that is MS Office and Google chrome. I have installed the MS Office and Google chrome without any issue but after installing the MS Office and Google chrome mine system facing the random reboot on mine system. Now I don’t what to do and how to get solve this issue.

Re: Random shutdown without BSOD on Lenovo ThinkPad W520

I feel that there could be some issue with the BIOS which is bringing on the system shutdown each interim of the time. If your facing this issue then you might updated the BIOS and after that your able to solve the issue and so therefore I would like to suggest you to updated the BIOS on your system because I think your BIOS have been corrupted and after updating your random shut down will get solved.

Try to boot your system on the safe mode and on the safe mode makes sure you’re getting the issue or not. To run the system on the safe mode you need to go through the following steps: first make restart the system and while restarting your system hit the F8 key and while doing this you will get the advance boot menu and under that select the safe mode and after that click on the next. Now once you start the system on the safe mode and then make sure your getting the issue or not.

I will advise you to perform the clean boot on your system and to make clean boot you need to go through the following steps: first make click on the start icon on the desktop and after that click on the run. Now on the run type msconfig and after that click on enter. Now you will get the system configure utility and under that go to the service tab and after that make click on the disable all button and before that click on the Hide All Microsoft Services check box and after go to the startup tab and make check mark on the unwanted process and after that reboot the system.

Its sound like you has issue on the hardware and so therefore you’re getting the issue. Hardware issue like loose connection between hardware must cause the random reboot and if you have issue with the fan like if your fan not working then you will get the issue. Secondly the overheating cause the random boot and so therefore you must check out the system and make sure your system not facing the overheating issue.

As you said that your facing this issue after installing the MS Office and Google chrome and so therefore I think you have issue with these both software and so therefore I would like to suggest you to uninstall the all the software that are installed recently and let me know the issue. go to the control panel on the start icon on the desktop and after that click on the add/remove program. Now on the add/remove program locate to the chrome and MS Office and after that uninstall both of these and then make reboot the system and make sure facing the issue or not.

If none of the above solution does not help, then I'd suggest repairing your operating system and then your problem will be solved come. To repair your operating system is necessary to have the installation CD for your operating system. Once you have the OS CD or DVD and then insert into your CD-ROM system and after reboot and after you have the option of the pressure of any key to start the DVD or CD and then click the key nay and after follow the steps on that and let me know about it.