Thread: Does anyone have Ad-hoc wpa_suplicant file for Android 3.1

Does anyone have Ad-hoc wpa_suplicant file for Android 3.1

I have just got the Acer Iconia A500 Tab with android 3.1 installed. I only bought this piece for the reason that merely had to place my aged wpa_suplicant file back, didn’t need to unroot, attmpted the adhoc enabled wpa_suplicant from 3.0 except wifi wouldn’t switch on at all. It seems to me that the older file is not compatible with the 3.1. So I am asking anyone who got adhoc functioning up till now with 3.1?

Re: Does anyone have Ad-hoc wpa_suplicant file for Android 3.1

I have also used older file. After importing this file, I now have the problem that the connection will be established shortly to my normal wireless network, but then after about 1 min, the A500 constantly scans for networks. The connection is broken and it is also by itself not materializing again. The wireless network of my mobile phone is still showing the way, do not. Permissions for / system / bin / wpa_supplicant are set correctly (755), because without sufficient rights (I had the first) is made through no wireless connection.

Well originally I realized that this system "Android" does not allow connections from device to device (ad-hoc), but some custom roms if allowed, but some people sometimes prefer the original software, then I gave myself the task configuring the connection. Furthermore For connecting to an ad-hoc network have to change a few files. If you have it replaced with one that works then try to do the wipe as described above do not need to install special rom only for the ad hoc connections

The method I installed is:
    • RootExplorer (requires rooted device)
    • Go to / system / bin /
    • Tap R / W at the top so it becomes R / O
    • Rename obtainable wpa_supplicant in / system / bin / to wpa_supplicant.old
    • Paste fresh wpa_supplicant
    • Start as well as restart wifi
    • If you favor to make use of adb, this command must carry out it: adb push wpa_supplicant / system / bin /

As everyone knows, Android, with the official rom does not allow you to connect to AD-HOC networks. But with some changes we can enable this feature in any device that mounts Android. The first essential requirement is that the device is Root; otherwise we cannot make the changes necessary to activate the ad-hoc connection. The file to edit is / etc / wifi / wpa_supplicant.conf . So a program with function "Explorer" go to edit this file. (I recommend using Root Explorer). If you normally use a WiFi network with WPA security will be the one you see when you open the file for editing

I also find very interesting is that one installed in my wifi-analyzer-app is able to ad-hoc networks to be seen. This works well with the original wpa_supplicant. Gepatchted with mine, but I actually see the masked network. So that's how it should be actually visible in the normal wifi settings.

I wrote a small procedure to use it (connected ad hoc networks) that I have personally completed and tested
    • Turn off the WiFi because otherwise the wpa_supplicant is busy (settings / wireless networks / wireless / disconnected)
    • Copy of wpa_supplicant for ad hoc networks
    • Download the terminal emulator from market and use it
    • To # change to root user
    • Mount-o rw, remount / system # mount system read and write
    • cd / system / bin
    • Cat wpa_supplicant> wpa_supplicant.old # create a copy of the file since the cp command is absent
    • ls # to check that there is the file. Old
    • cat / sdcard / documents / wpa_supplicant> # wpa_supplicant copy of the file for ad hoc networks of documents with your bin change directory
    • # exit exit root