Thread: "ADAPTER NOT FOUND” message display during installation of Gigabyte HD 5870 SOC

"ADAPTER NOT FOUND” message display during installation of Gigabyte HD 5870 SOC

I am the regular user of the desktop. It is at my home. I have purchased the new HD 5870 SOC for my pc. And then try to install the driver in the in my system. But I get the error in that procedure. I cant understand why it do so. Then I was tried to refresh my card with atiflash then also I cannot get the desired output. The error comes again this time also. Actually when I am trying to do installation I get the error message of "ADAPTER NOT FOUND". And the process will stop automatically. I also check out my hardware it is also fine. I don’t get the idea to solve this problem. Can anyone give me some suggestion to solve this problem? Please help me out.

Re: "ADAPTER NOT FOUND” message display during installation of Gigabyte HD 5870 SOC

First I thanks to you for posting this problem on the forum. Because I also suffered form same problem sometimes before. but I cant get the proper solution for that to solve the problem. Here I can give you some suggestions to solve your problem. Sometimes this kind of problems raised due to several settings in the system. So you have to eliminate some the setting to get rid of it. The list of the hardware make you comfortable to solve this problem. Then you should check out whether the power cables are properly inserted in the two sockets of the graphics card or not. If your motherboard have the onboard graphics then you have to disabled those setting also. And then make check that your card has Primary Graphics Adapter in the BIOS or not. I think this can be helpful to you in solving your problem.

Re: "ADAPTER NOT FOUND” message display during installation of Gigabyte HD 5870 SOC

I read your problem and I come to know that you have a BIOS related problem. You did not give the proper description of your system so I cannot get the whole information about the problem. But then also I can give you some general suggestion that may help you in the situation. First you have to check the Primary Graphics Adapter in the BIOS is working properly or not. If that is fine then you should try to remove the card form you system and then reinstall it back to the system this can solve the bad connection problem. You can also try to update your BIOS to the latest version. I think this will give you better performance. You can also try to use the QFlash for you system. You have to check that whether the new firmware is available or not for your system. I think this can give you proper idea and make you comfortable.

I know some reasons for this kind of problem. So I can give you some idea about that. Confirm that you may solve your problem. I want to tell you that first check out your card on the other pc. If then also you have got the same problem then I thought the BIOS on your card may be corrupted and it cannot flash. You can also try to download the driver form different sites. Like you can try to download the drivers from gigabyte or AMD site this can you can solve your problem. Then you can see the installation log up in the screenshot. I hope this can give you some better solution to solve the problem. Thank you.

I think your problem can be caused due to some regular errors in the system. There is possibility to get fault in the EEPROM even though it is not often to the system but that can cause this problem. Here I am giving you some suggestion to contact GGTS and then you can get some help from them also. You can get this GGTS on the web easily. Or you may have to try on the gigabyte official website. You can get the reply on that. But for that you have to wait for sometime. Hope this can give you some help for solving the problem.

You can get the help form Serbia also. For that you don’t need to go personally to the Serbia. For that you have just to contact on the web address and they solve your problem. They can also try to repair some uncommon statistic. This is the best way to solve this kind of problem. This will give you better experience I hope so. Thank you.

According to you description I come to know that you have some hardware related problem. For solving that you can try to update your BIOS firmware. You can also try to replace your infected parts If you have the warrantee. Then you have to check all the connections regarding to adapter as well as other system. Some time the update will give you some better performance. So try to update the system also. You first try to check out actually which part make infection in your system. I think this will give you enough information to solve your problem.