Thread: External GPS for Samsung Galaxy S

External GPS for Samsung Galaxy S

My preowned Galaxy S will be compatible with my my Holox BT 321 Bluetooth GPS receiver, and pairs through it, except it will not connect. When I looked into the device list it is showing me that "Paired but not connected". Does anybody know why? I have tried re-connect it several time but it didn’t help at all. I hope that somebody have a good solution for this.

Re: External GPS for Samsung Galaxy S

Have you tried this? I have not tried because I have no other gps but I guess it should work...
    • Turn off phone gps
    • Activate the Bluetooth of the external device you want to use as a receiver
    • Activate the phone and search for Bluetooth devices and connect to the receiver that you want to use.
    • Anyway, if you do this because the galaxy s take long to find satellites with sygic, I commented: This happens the first time ... It takes a lot, if you log out after a day and the following Mercedes will start looking for satellites takes about two seconds.

What I do not managed to do is connect to another application such as "Navigation" Navigation of Google or even use my head with Copilot Live GPS (with an opportunity to address entry and possibly guide) because during a trip by car many times I lost my position because my phone does not "see" only 3 or 4 satellites and this is not the top for positioning and it lost regularly.

So far I only know that the pairing of Bluetooth GPS mice with NEM i9000 will work well, but it depends on the program if it supports the mouse. Consequently, I'm still not much wiser. I can indeed connect coupling with the Galaxy but is somehow not. This test is neither GPS nor google maps etc which detects a GPS device is available. On the other hand I very much doubt that any apps support external GPS devices, because internal GPS is equipped inside each Android. Phones are dual core but unfortunately not much can help to solve the overall GPS. Seems to me a major problem but the "high density" and before too many antennas have been.

Try to employ Bluetooth GPS Provider that you are able download directly from the marketplace. By the use of this program on my Samsung S Galaxy to connect while I make use of my external GPS Navigation.

Although today is hard to find a device that does not have GPS, there are still many people who need or prefer a dedicated receiver that is usually integrated. Connect Spot is a solution that has a Bluetooth connection, allowing you to "sync with smartphone operating systems like Android" when the signal from the phone itself is insufficient. With this, we can determine our location via the Globalstar satellite network and, if desired, transmit that information to our contacts or a center of international emergency response if it were the case

I believe that you must attempt the Spot Connect. By means of this, users can send location-based texts as well as emails by the use of satellite; update social networks from remote locations, on the way to track growth on Google Maps. The disc itself is water-resistant to IPX7 level, weighs merely 10 grams and tells us that nearly all mobile OSs will be supported. Will go on auction this month for $ 169.99.