Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Use Easytether on Toshiba Thrive

Use Easytether on Toshiba Thrive

Recently I have purchase the Toshiba thrive. Along with this I am also using Motorola Droid X from the past several weeks. So far the best software I am familiar with and I am much using to tether is an EasyTether application. Now I would like to attempt it with Toshiba thrive as well as Droid x. Does anybody use it before? If anyone has already used it then please tell me how did you make it?

Re: Use Easytether on Toshiba Thrive

Seems like PDAnet has a little opposition currently. For the greatest they have been the nearly every one of accepted method to tether your Android gadget devoid of requiring for root. Currently enters EasyTether. This app works planned for mainly Android phones, except has been exposed to not be ramped up in support of 4G phones as a result far. We’re crossing our fingers actually, actually hard for this app to work with quicker speeds in the opportunity. For currently while, 3G.

I recognize that lots of of you have chosen to not root your mobile phone, and if you are one of them, you require to head in excess of to Amazon, and clutch Easy Tether Pro for the reason that it is inexpensive 50% at $4.99. In no doubt you will have to make use of a USB cable to connect your mobile phone to your PC, except when there is no free of charge WiFi accessible and you require getting your laptop online, it works faultlessly.

You require the trouble-free tether software installed on top of your tablet. You would require rooting your mobile phone and by the use of wireless tether and have no issues in any way. Easytether is a very useful application for Android smartphones that permits users to share Internet connection on your device with your PC. Those who have not Froyo Android 2.2 as can be done to achieve the same result? The solution is simple, and it's called EasyTether.

There are 2 methods in order to tether to the tablets. One is through the use of wireless broadband from Verizon with the monthly cost that is attached to it. From what i appreciate, there is a set of directions on the forum to enter a number of codes by mobile phone and slip long-ago the price factor. Haven't tried that. Other option is rooting. Do that, switch on wireless tether and you're excellent to go. That is the route i took. Works immense.

Seeing as the innovative DROID makes an ad-hoc spot rather than transportation similar to the DX otherwise a variety of additional phones, a normal wireless tether won’t work, thus we must go with Bluetooth as an alternative. Fortunately, the Wireless Tethering application from the market has a Bluetooth preference and that’s precisely what we’ll be using here. I must moreover indicate that this way does want that you root your original DROID, except for those of you through a DX, D2 otherwise Pro, you can actually carry out this devoid of rooting.

I heard that there is a latest version of Easytether application came into market by the name of Pro which might be able to run on your Toshiba thrive and Droid X. As far as I know that the EasyTether application is capable to run on android device which is running with Android OS 1.5 and later. So your Toshiba has Android 3.1. in that case there is no doubt about that.

Could Someone please explain to me (DIRECTIONS) how to use Easytether on my Toshiba Thrive. I have Downloaded it to both my Sprint Samsung Galaxy II Epic Touch 4G, and My Toshiba Thrive. I use PDANet for my Laptop, but it doesn't work on the Thrive. HELP!

All I want to do is Tether (via a USB Cable) from my Phone to the Thrive, so when I'm in areas where there is no WiFi, I can use my phone to connect to the internet through my Thrive. It's driving me crazy that it doesn't just work like PDANet does with my laptop.

HELP!
    Last edited by rekamyenoM; 23-10-2011 at 01:19 AM.

cool Re: Use Easytether on Toshiba Thrive

Go to easytether lite app and follow instructions . Its free so your not out any money. If you can connect and bring up the internet great. The lite version only does unsecure websites. If you like it pay the $10 and enjoy. I'be been using it a couple of years and its great. I don't have a thrive but I use this on my off brand android tablet just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetgal View Post
    Go to easytether lite app and follow instructions . Its free so your not out any money. If you can connect and bring up the internet great. The lite version only does unsecure websites. If you like it pay the $10 and enjoy. I'be been using it a couple of years and its great. I don't have a thrive but I use this on my off brand android tablet just fine.
    Will give it a try. Have not found the "right" instructions yet....

So do I have to load easytether on JUST the phone and not the Thrive? Going to give it a go tonight.

I must be slap stupid, because I can not get this F**** to work. Loaded easyteher on the phone (Samsung Galaxy S II Epic 4G), on the tablet (Toshiba Thrive), just on the phone, just on the tablet. Nothing! Can't seem to get the tablet to recognize the phone as a way to connect to the internet via the phone. I don't get it. No problems with PdaNet on my phone connecting a laptop to the internet, but no go with easytether on my phone connecting the tablet. Everyone says they are doing it, but I can't. Will someone explain to this obviously inept moron (me) how to do this. I will even pay for easytether if I know it would work.... (want to try the free lite version first to make sure it will work before throwing $10 away)

HELP!!

Just read that All Samsung phones require an additional driver ??!!? Know anything about this?

How the H*** to I get the required additional driver on my phone now?

Downloaded Drivers to Computer, unzipped file, installed on computer, copied to phone, nothing.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast