Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Use Easytether on Toshiba Thrive

Re: Use Easytether on Toshiba Thrive

Quote Originally Posted by rekamyenoM View Post
    Downloaded Drivers to Computer, unzipped file, installed on computer, copied to phone, nothing.....
    I give up! I'm either retarded , or easytether DOES NOT work with the toshiba thrive....

If anyone has 3rd grade instructions for this moron (me) on how to tether a TOSHIBA THRIVE via a Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch, please let me know.... It's driving me INSANE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rekamyenoM View Post
    If anyone has 3rd grade instructions for this moron (me) on how to tether a TOSHIBA THRIVE via a Samsung Galaxy S II Epic Touch, please let me know.... It's driving me INSANE!!!
    VIA USB Cable that is...... And Without rooting the Thrive...

I do not think it is possible, because I had found solutions which had helped to tether this device only via Bluetooth via Pdanet software. In many cases you will need to root the phone or else this might not work. I do not find any supported application that help you to tether the phone with usb cable. You can test this by downloading the app pdanet from Android market.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaganvihari View Post
    I do not think it is possible, because I had found solutions which had helped to tether this device only via Bluetooth via Pdanet software. In many cases you will need to root the phone or else this might not work. I do not find any supported application that help you to tether the phone with usb cable. You can test this by downloading the app pdanet from Android market.
    Trying to stay away from blue tooth.... Guess I gotta wait till something comes out....

I just ordered a thrive and I have a Samsung Galaxy Mesmerize phone. You are trying to do exactly what I wanted to do (tether tablet to phone w/easy tether). I will try it and post here with results. Tablet should arrive on Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by leopardobx View Post
    I just ordered a thrive and I have a Samsung Galaxy Mesmerize phone. You are trying to do exactly what I wanted to do (tether tablet to phone w/easy tether). I will try it and post here with results. Tablet should arrive on Friday.

Please do let me know

Well I thought I'd be able to figure it out but I don't even see an option with Easy Tether to install to a tablet. It just wants to know if i have Windows, a Mac or Linux.

Just bought my wife a thrive for Christmas and I was able to download easy tether to it but I still can't get it to work with my android phone.I will keep trying and searching if I find anything I will post it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12