Thread: No sound in movies with Acer Iconia Tab A500

No sound in movies with Acer Iconia Tab A500

I am using the Acer Iconia Tab A500 and having some problem to play the movies in that. Whenever I play the movies then I found that there is no sound in that. I can only get the videos. I am not getting that in the headphone as well so there is no problem with the speakers. So can you please tell me that what I should do in order to get this problem solved? Please reply fast s I need to get it solved as soon as possible. Thank you.

Re: No sound in movies with Acer Iconia Tab A500

This is definitely not the problem with the speakers. You can try to play some music file and see if you are getting sound from that. If there is no problem with the sound then it may be some other problem but if you are getting the same problem with the sound files as well then this is most probably the audio driver problem. In order to solve this, you will have to update the driver to the latest one available and you will be out of the issue after this.

I've been gone through the issue and I think the media player you are using is having problem and is the only thing that is causing this and nothing more. What you have to do here is to simply uninstall the media player you are using and then install that again, but with the new copy of it. Make sure on the new to install the update and the advanced version of it. I hope this works and help you solve the problem.

There might be something wrong with the video file or the format of the file that you are playing. So you can try to play some other video file and also with some other format to see if that is showing you the same effect. If there is no problem with the other format then there is nothing wrong with the A500 that you are having. Problem is with the file that you are having. It might be corrupted or something like that.

I noticed the same thing right after I updated. No sound with movies, no matter what player or what format. I tried to play some music to see if that was also affected. When I launched PowerAMP (great app), my music is also sound, but only for a few seconds. The sound of my music again (after fiddling with volume controls). I have already done with the driver update and all. I need some advanced solution for this.

Problem Fixed... Go to app market place and search for VPlayer and MX Player codecs. Install them both and attempt your videos again to see if problem resolved. Installing both codecs makes for complete package in covering wider variety of support for different types of video file types. This should work no matter what app is being used for video playback. I have three different players installed on my Iconia and it fixed all of them.
    Last edited by turktx; 02-03-2012 at 08:24 AM.