Thread: USB Tethering with Acer ICONIA TAB A500 and Android phone

USB Tethering with Acer ICONIA TAB A500 and Android phone

I have seen that there are many threads regarding tethering with the WiFi or Bluetooth but I have problem with the USB tethering. It is not working in my case. I am having the Nexus One and Acer ICONIA TAB A500 and both of them are capable to do that. I have connected the phone with the USB and have enabled the sharing but then also A500 is not able to see the USB tethering option in that. Can you tell me that how can I manage the USB tethering with two android devices.

Re: USB Tethering with Acer ICONIA TAB A500 and Android phone

Wifi tethering makes use of huge battery power and this is similar with Bluetooth. If you use the USB then it will give better battery life, at the same time it is charging phone as well. The phone (HTC Desire) has the least power capability, so the tablet loses battery first as compared to the phone. So it will be really great if the tethering between these two will be possible.

Just look in the market and you will surely get some application for usb tathering. Previously, I have used one program but do not remember the name for that. So you will have to search for that and you will surely get the one which can help you to do that. I hope that someone will reply with the exact name of the program for that so that it will be easier for you to search and download that in your system.

Have you ever checked whether all the necessary drivers are installed? I have previously faced this problem and when I reported that to Acer then they told me that problem is with the driver. It was not having all the drivers installed. I did reinstallation of all the drivers in that and after completing that, I restarted that and problem gets resolved. So you can also check for this possibility and I hope that this will help you too.

Just choose from USB Tethering and the use of mobile phones as wireless hotspots. Both options can be selected individually or disable altogether. In addition to that it allows to program for the wireless access point, a network name and access can be encrypted if desired. USB tethering with most Android phones yet an additional software like PdaNet was sufficient, the user must also provide root access, if he wants to repurpose his smartphone to a WLAN hotspot.

USB Tethering refers to the possibility of a mobile phone via USB to a notebook or netbook to join and to use it as a UMTS modem. Many current phones offer functionality that the phone can be used as a modem. This is a very handy feature if you want to surf with his mobile computers on the Internet. Depending on the Smartphone operating system and there are different ways to enable tethering. With Android, it is possible to operate via Bluetooth or USB to a Smartphone as a modem on the notebook. There are similar apps that allow this function. However, one must examine the terms of his mobile phone contract, if tethering is permitted at all. Many cheap internet flat rates include only the Internet for smartphones and explicitly prohibit the tethering.