Thread: After updating my nokia x3 security code changed

After updating my nokia x3 security code changed

I have nokia X3 I updated it yesterday. And then ovi suite restored my phone using old backups. And now my phones password is changed to my previous password which I have forgotten. I just followed what ovi instructed me and after updating it asks me a security code. And tried entering my current security code but my phone is not excepting it. Nokia should test its software properly. This problem is because of ovi suite. It restored my password also.

re: After updating my nokia x3 security code changed

Here I want to add something. You are blaming nokia for what you did. You forgot the password. After updating, every phone restores. It’s not only with nokia. Restoring removes all the applications which might become incompatible to your phone and might cause problem to your phone so after updating it restores by default. You try to remember your password. I can advice you this only. May you get out of this trouble.

hey there, I got the exact same problem with my nokia x3. After updating it restored to previous back up and in mean time I changed my password tens of time. Now I can’t remember those passwords. Now I don’t know what to do. It became 4 days I am trying my previous passwords which I could remembered. But now its seem so frustrating. I will go to service centre now. Before that if anyone has solution for this then please provide. May be there will be more users who may be facing the same problem.

I also got same problem with my 6303i but I recovered. When you make software update all nokia phones security codes resets to the default factory code. This security code is that one, which was when you bought your phone. For most of the phones its 12345. Try entering this code and if you have enter wrong code many times then wait for half an hour then enter this code. And then you can set any new security code as you wish.