Thread: unable to switch Nokia X6 ON and even charge

unable to switch Nokia X6 ON and even charge

I have been using Nokia X6-01 phone since 1 and a half years now. It was working fine before I updated it. I updated new software for the phone recently. Just after that my phone switched off and is not switching on. I have tried a lot but all in vain. Also when I try to charge it, it doesn’t get charged. So now I don’t know what to do. How should I fix it? My phone is not under the warranty period. Please suggest me something. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated. Thank you

Re: unable to switch Nokia X6 ON and even charge

I would ask you to remove the battery from your phone and then insert it back. Try to switch your phone on. I hope that it gets fine. But if it doesn’t then there is only one thing left that you can do as your phone is dead. Try to hard reset your phone. Press and hold the green button +red button +camera button for turning the phone on. Release all the buttons as soon as you se the Nokia logo on the display. But remember this will delete all your data’s from the phone.

What software you were trying to install. Your phone must have got infected by a virus. Now as your phone is dead you cannot do anything. I hope the hard reset thing works for you. If it doesn’t then you must take the phone to the nokia service center. Unfortunately your phone isn’t under the warranty period as you have told. But you can’t do anything now. If they charge more than you can also look to buy a cheaper phone instead of getting it repaired.

Something seems to be very serious with your phone due to which your phone is not getting switched on. What kind of software were you installing? I think you should reinstall the operating system (FIRMWARE) of your mobile phone. Have you tried resetting? You can take your phone to any nokia service center and there you can ask any person to help you out. Nokia has a good customer support service.

Well I was also facing the same problem. I did not understand what to do. I had put this issue on various forums but unfortunately nothing seemed to work out and then I decided to take the phone to the local repair shop. They kept my phone for 3 days and did something to make it work. But again after using it for a day the phone started behaving the same way. They charged a lot from me and the issue never got solved even after my continuous visits to the shop. Finally I decided to sell off the phone to that shop itself. I didn’t even get the quarter price for what I had purchased. So I would seriously recommend you to take your phone to the nokia mobile service center only. They will surely help.

I think your battery is not able to charge because of some damage caused to your phone. The charging problem usually happens when your cell phone circuit is damaged, or your charger have passed excessive voltage to your phone due to this your phone’s charging slot might have stopped functioning. Your phone might also be a reason of some liquid damage. Because of which your phone is not getting on and also not getting charged.

Any physical damage could have forced your phone to work that way. There must be some hard failure due to which your phone is not charging and getting on. The circuit which is present in the phone must have got damaged. Check it with the nokia people. also before going to the service center try to put the battery in some other nokia X6 phone and see whether the battery is fine or not. May be exchanging the battery confirms you that the problem is not with the battery at least.