Thread: Nokia E6-Unable to find my ringtones location in my profile

Nokia E6-Unable to find my ringtones location in my profile

I transferred some ringtones from my PC my E6 to set them as my ringtone. I saved my ringtones in sound clips folder not in songs folders because if I will do so they will appear in music folder also. And now when I go to profiles to personalize them and change the ringtone then there only three folders tones, songs and sound clips but nothing appears in sound clips section. Where to store the ringtones so that they will appear in profiles sound clips section.

Re: Nokia E6-Unable to find my ringtones location in my profile

I also use E6. And I keep all my ringtones in sound folder. But when I want to set them as ringing tone in profile or alarm then I go to songs and then in albums and then in unknown and there I set them as ringtone. You can also do this. But as you don’t want that your ringtones should appear in music player then you can download X-Plore Symbian. And then go to sounds folder and there you can set there attributes to hidden so that they will not appear in your music Player.

It’s a nice trick but I don’t like to rely on third party application to deal with anomalies in the os. Media player should allow you to select the folders from where to select the songs to include in the library rather than to include all. I will consider it as anomaly of media player. And there are many other issues with this phone as if use it you might know. There are many complaints about this phone from many users.

You are somewhere true my friend but I like a music player with complete work flow. And to keep music clean I am ready hide 8-10 ringtones to make it play only songs. I don’t want waste my time to manage my music player every time I add new songs. And the thing that bothers me is the sound quality. And this phone has a great sound quality when connected with good headphones. And I am really happy with this phone.