Thread: Would an external USB CD / DVD Drive work with Toshiba Thrive Tablet

Would an external USB CD / DVD Drive work with Toshiba Thrive Tablet

I think I am having some problem here with understanding the Toshiba Thrive Tablet as it might just getting in to my brain , I have been trying to handle each and every part of the tablet ,and get an detailed information about the components we can use the with tablet I would like to know if I can use an external usb drive with my tablet pc , and would an cd/dvd could be played on the tablet.

Re: Would an external USB CD / DVD Drive work with Toshiba Thrive Tablet

Hey , the query that you have fired here seems to be pretty weird as the components that you are trying to connect would be needed to use this one, I guess that it would be really not possible or for at least an normal user s like to have a support on this system , but I guess it would be really great to have a look at the solution , if someone provides it , but the features that you are asking here is moreover related to some desktop pc or an laptop so I think that is not possible on the tablet that we are using .

Well, just don‘t think that it is not possible because I have a friend of mine who have used some external wires and cords on it and he was able to connect that to the external drive, I think that it could be quite possible for you to connect this here, or at least we could find a way through which we can do it but my major concern would be after the connection has been made with as the tablet must detect the files and the folders in it as that is the main cause that we are looking for , so just post back if you guys have got something .

I guess the because it has an operating system of Google android I think that is more likely that it would not support the features that you are looking forward to , so here is what I have made out , I have first made out this and the honey comb 3.1 would then can be modifies to 3.1 as this is the only android based operating system that is capable of doing things that you are willing to , so here is what I have made out .

All you hope happens is that an external USB CD / DVD is turned on (LED on, listen to the album turn or something). If the file system is recognized I would then suggest you to write an application for use in file devices may be if possible. If not, the support may be necessary to add the kernel level that is beyond my reach and require a root drive anyway (I guess that would surely do), unless officially authorized. Beyond that, specialized software may be required in writing that I would not be adverse if it involves the development of the kernel.

I think it's very possible that the standard CD / DVD drivers were not built in HC. However, if other devices can do then thrive should be able to. But a different thought, says it definitely will not work with a thrive, because the drivers are not present. My knowledge has been badly beaten or lost on whether drivers are required for ROM-based USB drives. I think the file manager to do the same as USB flash drive so my supposition is the appropriate driver and not related to the file manager.

I have tried this previous used this but it seems that I just cannot use this without any problem here so I think that it would not really be possible for me to use this , I have been having this since a long time and it is really not possible for me to use this , I have been playing this since a long time and I just cannot get he office file son this as they just fail to open on this ,does anyone else having this problem .