Thread: How to increase security level in my SAMSUNG RV510 laptop?

How to increase security level in my SAMSUNG RV510 laptop?

Hey, my father gave me new SAMSUNG RV510, on my birthday. It is very nice machine, and performance is very good at all. I use it for my business purpose. I keep on travelling with my SAMSUNG RV510, but there are some problems travelling with this laptop. If incase it get stolen by someone, so I need to increase the security level of this laptop. I would like to know that is there any freeware software which can help me increase the security level of my laptop?

Re: How to increase security level in my SAMSUNG RV510 laptop?

I will advise you to set the password in your BIOS menu, it will help you to increase the security level of your laptop. It will ask every time when any one going to start the laptop, it will ask for the login in the BIOS sector, its mechanism is not depend upon the hard drive or in motherboard storage, it is not the best options to increase the security level by it can the average thief. To set the password in the BIOS section, read the user manual in your system, it will help you to increase some level of security to your new SAMSUNG RV510.

You should have to keep your laptop in the safe place always, it the first step to defense them. User name and password of windows will not help you to secure your laptop from the thief, they can remove your hard drive and the password, and username will not work at this time. You need to setup the BIOS password to your laptop, it will help you a lot, since it is not dependent of the hard drive of your laptop, so if they are going to remove the hard drive, still it work to protect your laptop.

There are some software to protect your laptop from the unauthorized user, they need to set up the username and password, but they get stored in the hard drive only. If any one remove the hard drive and attach a new hard drive to your laptop then the username and password will be disable, so the software will also not work in this case. You need to keep safe your laptop ,and if you want than read the user manual of your windows, to set up the password and username to your BIOS.

Your computer BIOS is the first program which runs when you start your computer, so if any one stolen your laptop, and remove the hard drive to disable the windows username and password, then at this time your BIOS password will work to protect your laptop. There are some steps to set the BIOS password:
    Restart your laptop, press f2 or DEL button to start the BIOS setup utility.
    Select the security column using the keyboard, then select for the set user password, you'll be prompted to enter a password.
    After that press F10 and exit from the BIOS, now each time when you are going to start your laptop it will ask for the BIOS password.