Thread: Cannot change WIFI policy in Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Cannot change WIFI policy in Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Hello guys I am using Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 device in which I have Android OS, v3.0 (Honeycomb). My Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 was working properly and some days before I have noticed one problem in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Now whenever I do setting in WIFI policy as "Never when plugged in" but after that it changes back to the "Never" automatically. I want to use this option to save the battery of my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 but I face this problem continuously and I am not able to change the setting please give me solution regarding this problem.

Re: Cannot change WIFI policy in Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

Well I am also using the same device and after reading your post I have checked same thing in my device also but when I changed the WIFI policy setting in my device at that time I didn’t get any issue and I think there might be some problem with the setting first check whether all other setting is proper or not. If you face the same problem after that also then you should not try to set the setting in DHCP but instead of that you should try to do the setting to Static IP and after doing that check whether you are getting the same problem or not?

As far as I know it looks like some setting issue with your device and even after doing the all the possible setting if you are facing the same problem then I think you should try to solve this issue by doing factory resetting in your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Before you do factory reset you have to first take the backup of all your data and after that you have to check do the factory restore. I think after doing that you will not get any issue with WIFI policy setting in your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1.

If you don’t know how to do the restore factory setting in your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 then you have to do following steps.
    • First of all you have to tap on the Apps option from home screen.
    • Now after doing that you have to select setting, in setting you will get the privacy option.
    • After selecting the privacy option you have to select Factory Data Reset option.
    • In Factory Data Reset options you have to select do the reset option.

After resetting your device you have to check whether your problem gets solved or not.

As you have said in your above post that by doing setting to Static IP I can solve this issue but after doing that also when I tried to change the WIFI policy in my device at that time also get the same problem. Now after that I have followed above steps and I have done factory reset in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 but after doing the factory reset also same problem was occurred. Is there any one facing the same issue and have solution for the same then please help me.

After going through your above post I will recommend you that you should try to solve this issue by visiting the Samsung gallery and after visiting the Samsung gallery you have to ask there about WIFI policy issue and after that they will give you proper solution regarding this. Now after that you will not get any issue with your Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. I hope this information will be helpful to you.

After trying all the possible setting with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 also I was facing the same problem and after that I have read your above post and then I have visited Samsung service center. Now after visiting the Samsung service center I have asked about my WIFI policy issue I my mobile and after doping that they have checked my device and solved all the issue in my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. now all the things are working perfectly. Thank you for your suggestion.