Thread: Can we have Android 3.2 on Toshiba thrive tablet?

Can we have Android 3.2 on Toshiba thrive tablet?

Hi, I have tablet running android honeycomb 3 but as I was searching the internet I came to know that the newer version is also released by the google again, so I was quite Excited to have it for my device, but as I am not sure about the thing that will it be available for my device ? or we must have to wait till it comes for our device? and if yes I is available so from where can I get it, how do I install it in my device? And by the way is there any new feature then have included in the version or it is almost same as the previous one? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Can we have Android 3.2 on Toshiba thrive tablet?

I am also not sure whether there is any enhancement or not but surely we can assume the same, as this is the newer version so there might be the enhancement, or at least they must have fixed the bugs which were found in the previous version, and if you want to search whether the update is available for your device or not you can simply run the software update utility from your device itself, because if the update would be available you can download it.

I am agree with the above user as you should try to search whether the software is available or not, but according to me you can have this update as your device already has the honeycomb version running so this is just the newer version that’s all, so what would be the problem nothing, but still before downloading the software you can make sure by contacting the support center as well, and that would be better option.

One of the most significant things about Honeycomb 3.2 from developer’s viewpoint, This version is available for the tablet with the resolution 7 inch and some 8.9 inch tablets. So I am not sure about the dimensions of your tablet, so first of all make sure before downloading and updating the software. If you look at the features it has very good user interface and most importantly the bugs that were found in the previous software was minimized in the newer version.

Yeah you can install that version in your tablet, and most importantly Honeycomb 3.2 adds SD card support as well, I mean to say if you install Honeycomb 3.2 in your tablet thus you can use SD card slot very effectively. Together with this they have provide better performance with the help of widget. I am using the Motorola xoom and this update available for that tablet so you can download it for sure.

I would like to suggest you the thing like you should first of all make sure that the update is available and then only download it for the device, or if suppose you are willing to install it in your device you should download both the software, I mean to say the currently installed one and the update as well, so if suppose anything went wrong you can simply downgrade the software again.