Thread: Antivirus for Toshiba Thrive tablet

Antivirus for Toshiba Thrive tablet

Hi, I have recently bought a new tablet that’s Toshiba Thrive, and really works very good but still I have heard that the tablet often affected by the viruses isn’t it? and because of that only I don’t download any application from the websites directly. So is there any ways through we can manage the tablet form affecting and with that we can have application as well? I mean to say as we have antivirus software for PC, so can we have such a same application for the tablet as well? thank for any suggestion?

Re: Antivirus for Toshiba Thrive tablet

Well, I haven’t used any such application yet but still I have heard about the application called lookout that you can try for sure as this the best application for malware prevention, it can prevent the tablet from not only affecting from Virus but you can have solution for Trojan horses and Phishing. So you can have that application, I am not sure whether it is available on the market as well or not, but still you can have a glance at least or else you can download it from any other source as well.

Though I don’t have the same tablet but I also uses to use a Kaspersky anti-virus n my tablet, thus I would recommend you the same, and really after installing this I haven’t get any problem in my tablet that I was having before some days. There were too many viruses in the memory and by this tool I don’t have any at present, in fact because of that only I have seen noticeable performance by the tablet. So you can try this for sure.

As far as I know as the above user mentioned you can have that one but still if you just take care little bit them you can surely prevent the tablet from affecting by virus without having any software in the tablet. But still if you have already decided to have any then I would say I have the same recommendation as the above user, wither you can have Kaspersky anti-virus or lookout, both of them are good at their own place.

You won’t have to have any such application in the tablet as you can simply download any application to your tablet for sure. But while downloading those applications you need to make sure that you download it from the legitimate source. I mean to say there is no harm in downloading the application from the market, as they are all perfectly tested, they don’t have any viruses, but as you have mentioned that you don’t have downloaded any, so don’t worry about that and start downloading.

I would say nowadays the viruses are spread through the devices to device whereas in previous days it was spread from the internet, so I would say surely you can have any anti virus in your tablet but still while getting anything from any other device you should take care whether the things that you are getting is free of viruses. And the when we concern downloading you should always start downloading from the trusted websites only. so this way you can prevent the tablet as well.

The above mentioned is not only antivirus but still apart from that you can have AVG Anti-Virus Pro or NetQin and many more, but it’s always better to have precaution about the tablet rather than having such a software for security, because as I have already use this and after installing them I have started getting problem, as the device boot slowly. And whenever we boot the device the software unnecessarily starts scanning the device.