Thread: Can I use usb Antenna on Toshiba Thrive Tablet?

Can I use usb Antenna on Toshiba Thrive Tablet?

Hello friends, I am an botany professor at University and I often need to do to some really isolated places for my research work, I have been having some problem here with this one , as I have not been able to use the wi fi that is fixed to the Wagner truck that is travelling with us , the truck is just like an huge tower that catches the signal from various deceives connected near it and then connects them to the office server , but sometime s it is just not possible to reach the truck as sometimes we some kilometers away so would any antenna work for this ?

Re: Can I use usb Antenna on Toshiba Thrive Tablet?

I just don ‘t think that it would be available for you ,as the problem that you are using might be causing you some problem I moreover doubt that such thing would ever support the operating system that you are using ,so just let me know what problem are you facing here , I have been having a similar sort of problem but it seems that it does not work for tablet sop I guess, there is no solution for your problem expect for 3g .

Are you not in possession of a Smartphone that offers you the capability to anchor the data associated to intensification. possibly the phone does not have a good quality 3G or 4G signal in the area where you are situated in I inquire about this because it give the impression of a simple explanation to an antenna as I have never heard of that before and that makes your tablet look a little weird .

I doubt the usb WIfi antenna would work for you , I mean there are just meant to increase the speed for any particular drive I have tried this and I think that it would be really worth to use , if you are using an windows based operating system or rather an Mac as the usb wi -fi antenna that I have ( bear extender pc ) has an support for this only , so I think that it would not be possible for you are despite of connecting it to the drivers you still cannot use it ,properly.

I have an other way round here, I have been using this at my block where I am currently staying I have been using this and I need to say that it would be really very helpful for me to use an repeater in your case as that might just multiple the amount of signal that your router is transmitting around,well I don’t know how many times would it multiply up to but , at least you could get closer to the server by using this .

I think that I have a solution here, but this should be tried at your own risk as this can cause some really serious problem if not done properly, I have been having this problem with this one, you just need to setup up an repeater with to router that you are using , and this would help you to flash your router out m with some ddwrt command in this , so this might do wonder of done correct I have personally done this and can set the frequency with the help of the removable antenna so that it could be later upgraded or used accordingly .

I agree that the use of a repeater is probably the way to go here. This allows you to use a high gain antenna and the best radio to receive / relay the signal. At this time, no technical means to move the receiver sensitivity. I found in my recent out of town trip in a small hotel that the angular coverage helped her thrive held some ... but that's all I could do.