Thread: Unable to Sync HTC Desire HD on Windows 7

Unable to Sync HTC Desire HD on Windows 7

Right now I have started using the HTC Desire HD smartphone. I have stored lots of things like contacts, meeting, birthdays, memos and more on my phone. I want to keep them safe somewhere else other than on Google and on phone itself. I own a computer which is running with Windows 7. When I try to sync my Desire HD using the sync software the Windows 7 PC will not detect the phone at all. It is working fine with Windows XP.

Re: Unable to Sync HTC Desire HD on Windows 7

You can frequently resolve provisional issues associated to connecting disconnecting your mobile phone sync cable, hang around some seconds and reconnect it. Though, occasionally might still have problem connecting to the network. Might be not capable to synchronize your mobile phone though a network connection on your PC otherwise the connection network is hack while you connect your cell phone to your PC. If this happens, might decide to toggle to a USB serial connection:
    • On the major display, slide toward the Settings tab.
    • Tap Menu> All Settings> Connections> USB to computer.
    • Apparent the allow faster data synchronization.
    • Tap and Done.

HTC launched an update to its application to synchronize the mobile phone and PC called HTC Sync 3.0 , which allowed since a full synchronization between Outlook and Android handset including calendar and contacts, as well as power we had to install applications on the PC hard drive and transfer video or images to and from the terminal. Unfortunately we also saw that this new update was just a model compatible with Android, the HTC Wildfire, but it is also true that some readers told us that worked well with some other terminal more. Today HTC has become the tool to update making it compatible with new terminals holding company such as HTC Android Legend, HTC Desire, Hero (Android 2.1) or the Aria.

I have the HTC HD and am very satisfied, unfortunately, the synchronization with Windows 7 problematic.
    • Use of company laptops without admin rights
    • Windows 7 operating system, Outlook 2010
    • HTC Synch is installed and runs flawlessly

Problem:
    Synchronization of calendar and contacts works only as long as I have local admin rights on the computer. These I have not, unfortunately. Since that time, the synchronization between HTC and Outlook 2007 regarding contacts and calendar no longer possible. Support HTC has confirmed the problem but no solution.

I just sync contacts and calendar with Outlook 2003 and Gmail imap on my work PC.. That perhaps a solution? Photos etc. You could sync so you can just continue.. But one reason I cannot give because we work in your environment cannot see from here. You have an Android phone, it is not at all useful to install this program on your PC, and an Android phone automatically syncs your Gmail account with nothing to do.

I have an HTC Android 2.2 Desire and synchronization with Outlook is terrible. I tell you:
    • Only allows you to synchronize appointments last month. If you use your Desire for work or you have many entries in the calendar and you can forget this version.
    • When you synchronize a lot of duplicate contacts.
    • Almost all appointments full day (0:00-0:00) the change at 01:00 or 23:00, so making the transition to two days on the calendar.

The result:
    • you lose a tremendous amount of time to fix this disaster at hand is quite substantial.
    • I am returned to version 2.0.28, which is another cutrez scandalous, but it seems to work "something" better.

See if the HD going into "Start - Settings - Connections - USB to PC", you selected the default connection "Hard Disk". There is an option to predefine the connection is by activesync, per hard disk, or router, and the bottom says "ask by connecting the device." If you have selected your hard drive and do not ask again, I always connect so and therefore never launch the activesync. I selected what I have to ask every time, so every time I connect the cable gives me three options, and choose based on what I'm interested in every moment.