Thread: Should i upgrade 4GB SSD, in my ASUS EeePC 900?

Should i upgrade 4GB SSD, in my ASUS EeePC 900?

I am using ASUS EEEpc from last year, I have4GB SSD in it, but now I want to upgrade it, due to tight on disk space. I recently see the new SSD in the internet, I decided to buy this SSD to upgrade my hard drive in my EEEpc but now I want to know that is it support my computer or not. Or it will cause any problem to not work properly to my computer. if there is any drawbacks them I would like to know about those drawbacks. Can any on help me to tell something about this up gradation?

Re: Should i upgrade 4GB SSD, in my ASUS EeePC 900?

According to me for ASUS EEEpc 900, 4GB is inbuilt with the motherboard and you cannot replace it or upgrade the same SSD. But you can add 70mm Flash Con SSD to the mother board, of SATA configuration. But keep in mind that you are using the BIOS version as 0906 or a SATA drive to support it. Keep in mind that you are using the 50mm drive but the requirement is of 70mm, so use the 70mm of SATA drive to upgrade your 4GB SSD drive.

To install the new SSD it is simple and will take only few minutes. But make sure that the old SSD which is there in your system is not removable since it is soldered there with the motherboard. So if you want to upgrade your SSD to 16 GB then you should keep some steps in your mind. To upgrade your new SSD to your EEEpc you will need to switch off your computer, Remove the two screws that secure the center panel on the underside of the EEEpc, attach the new SSD to system and then again close It by using the closing screws. And then again start your EEEpc.

I will suggest you to use the SATA, it is better option for you, and don’t worry about the drive conflict. After that you can update your BIOS, it is updateable, switch the BIOS setting on and see first which version you are having. While booting you can press the Alt f2 key to start the updating before doing anything else. During the update of the BIOS there might be risk of the bricking, so make sure that your battery is charged and the charger is connected on to your computer.

Not all USB drives can be used to Flash the BIOS though... So if it stops at reading for a long time then it's safe to stop and try a different USB. Only if it's writing must it not be interrupted till finished.If you want to upgrade your SSD, then you can do this without any problem, but you can’t remove the previous SSD, because it is soldered with the motherboard. But you can add more SSD to increase the capacity of your computer. To flash the BIOS, there is no need of all the USB drives. If during the processing it stops then there must be option to use the other USB to complete the task. But I will suggest you to not interrupt till it finished with the writing.