Thread: How to Reboot Galaxy S in Recovery Mode?

How to Reboot Galaxy S in Recovery Mode?

Folks solve my problem I have Samsung Galaxy S which is running on Froyo without ant problem now I want to upgrade it to Gingerbread and for that I have to root my phone , initially I thought my phone is unbranded when I brought it from O2 but they have installed their own software . I have all the files I needed to upgrade my phone but every time I try this, its dose not works. Its say to reboot hold down the volume and home button and then press the power button and when I do so my phone jus simply starts up as normal mode .does anyone know any other way to reboot the phone or getting in to recovery mode

re: How to Reboot Galaxy S in Recovery Mode?

I also was facing the same problem with my Samsung galaxy tab for quite a long time was not able put it in recovery /download mode. I did many research and got to know the process its very simple just have to press the up end of volume button its very easy to hold entire volume key instead upper part without realizing of doing so that it this will take you phone on prompt mode for rebooting and some other option .follow this simple thing and you will get your desire result

The steps are very simple first most important thing is to take backup of your phone ant check whether your phone is fully charged rebooting should not be stop in the middle because of low battery now turn off your phone and press volume up and power button together you will see your phone will restart but it will have an new option on the screen that mean you phone is now booted into recovery mode hope you’re query solve by now enjoy .

I don’t understand is it why do you need to reboot your phone why don’t you try kies I did the same I connected my phone trough kies and it’s done the trick for me but I am with orange you should try this beside I saw O2 forums would get the upgrade soon try kies this will upgrade your phone without reboot but don’t for get to take back up that is very important cause once updated you phone probably won’t get old data that stored in phone