Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 turns off when kept idle

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 turns off when kept idle

I have just received my Samsung galaxy tab that was pre ordered by me from the best buy, which was in turn received by me for this morning I used this one, till afternoon until my girlfriend called me up for an chat at coffee shop, so I just left me galaxy tab on the sofa that I was sitting on and then went to coffee shop for an meeting, and when I returned back home, the tablet was automatically turned off I previously though that it was a caused due to low battery but when I turned it on it still shows 34 % battery .any one else having this problem ‘

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 turns off when kept idle

Here is what I have figured from the problem that you are facing it could be a problem that can be caused due to low battery, I mean although the galaxy tab may be showing you some percentage of the charge that is left on the tablet pc, but I think that it would be too early to think that it is an problem, I would rather recommend you to use this in the tablet pc for some more time before you conclude with some problem .

Hey , I have used this and this was the second the time that I got the same problem yet once again , I have been using this for 2 day now and I kept my tablet pc for charging when I left for my college in the morning but when I returned to my house after my college it again when off , the charging was still and I have tried to restart it again , and this was helpful for me to use it , I have used this phone for quite a few times and I have also been able to a get an grip on this but I now really think that it is a problem .

Hey, I have same problem that is currently been faced by you, I also brought this Samsung galaxy tab for the first time and I have used this on my system but I was really not been able to figure out the power off issue in the tablet pc , I have used this on my for 4 days know and the problem still persists , when the tablet is idle it just turns itself off , so after reading you thread I guess that it is moreover an general problem I am thinking of returning this back and get a refund back under the 7 days policy from best –buy .

The problem that you user’s are facing could be basically be caused by the power saving setting that you have done in here, I suggest you to search for the power setting in your phone so that you could get the power saving option in it and the find out what it is been set to, it might be that it would be then been used to set this to some reasonable setting s that would not put your phone back to the sleep put , I hope this might solve your problem .

I think that is was really a same problem that they almost everyone who is facing here, I have been using this for a long time here, I have further been able to use the same no my phone but I think that it is an issue the is more over been caused by the user s who have are using the unstable hacked 3rd party rom , so just see of you have this I have been used this one , I have not been able to use this here, but I think this is the problem causing this .

I think that that I have found out an reply for this , I have been using this since a long time and this time it was a silly mistake that was beendone by the company side I am extremely sorry for all the efforts that you all took to reply to my post , but I think that it would be really great to have this on my phone , so here is what what I did It was just a setting that kept the phone in sleep mode when not in use , I just changed that and everything else worked fine for me .

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 turns off when kept idle

Hi,I have the same problem but I cannot find the setting you are referring to. I have checked every setting but cannot get this working. My tablet shuts down even when connected to the charger.
    Could you please describe in more detail how you solved this.

I have the same problem even when my tablet is connected to the charger. I have went through the settings over and over again and cannot find the setting you are referring to. Could you please describe in more detail what you did to solve this?
    Tnanks and regards

Quote Originally Posted by henric@trillian.se View Post
    Hi,I have the same problem but I cannot find the setting you are referring to. I have checked every setting but cannot get this working. My tablet shuts down even when connected to the charger.
    Could you please describe in more detail how you solved this.
    Can you confirm whether the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is turning itself off or it is freezing all the time? Can you do a soft reset and check if the problem fades away? There is a app called "catlog" that can display the log output Android and its apps continuously produce "behind the scenes". Install it and take a look at the log when this is happening (don't worry it keeps a history of the log messages).

Thanks for your reply.
    The tablet turns itself off I think. The screen is black and nothing happens when I tap the power button. I need to long press it to power it up.
    It only happens when I leave it longer time, for example over night. It seems like it is turn itself off bacause it has been idle for a longer time.

I will check the logging and get back to you.

Those are power saving options provided in your tablet. This is commonly found in many devices. You can go in power settings and check. The simple example I can give is about phones who have option to switch of the screen light when it is not used for sometime. In the same way, under power some settings is causing the shutdown issue. If you have a manual for this device, in that you can find the settings. If still you find issue.. then I will recommend you to show it to Samsung service center once.

I found this thread because I was having the same issue. I just made a factory reset and the random-power-off-while-idling got solved. I couldn't find anything sensible in catlog. Hope it helps!

I also did a factory reset and it seem to have solved the problem for me too. This "solution" was also suggested by Samsung support.

I have also installed almost all apps I previously had installed (besides from some of the crap that came with the tab) and the problem is still solved.