Thread: Can Nokia N900 run Android 2.2 and 2.3

Can Nokia N900 run Android 2.2 and 2.3

IT has been thee long months that I have been using nokia n8 and here is what I have found until know , I am still not been able to gain an better control over it I would more likely to have an system that is more power than the Symbian 3 that I am using, I have heard about the latest androids based operating system that are released on many phone but , is it really possible to install this operating system on my nokia n8

Re: Can Nokia N900 run Android 2.2 and 2.3

I think so as I have used nokia n8 it is the best device with some very powerful hardware configuration that is rarely seen on any phone built by nokia, so far, if you just forget about the lags that you get when you install the operating system as that is the best that we can get there, I mean if you change the Symbian based operating system then I guess that it would then no longer be as useful and efficient as it previously was.

I think that it is pretty much possible when seeing the chipset that you phone is having, it is really useful that you are having, I would really like to have some things that would matter to me here the things that you are going to do here would be more likely to be accomplished with the help of an port that link the android based operating system, so just find and port to which it can be ported to, here is what I have found until know.

I think that is pretty much possible here, I would first recommend you to see the specification here , I mean that it is really very important to first know what minimum requirement is needed so that the android ginger bread , or at least android froyo can be installed on this nokia n8 , but I am really not sure if the android based operating system can be installed in the on an Symbian based operating system .

I think that it is really not possible to use this I would really like to have this in the operating system but I think that it is not really possible as far as I have been concerned for this topic, , well if you try to do the same in the US as I have shown here, you might be able to mod it but , after if you are using a 3G service from At & t or t-series mobile then I think that it really not possible to use it so I suggest you to continue using the Symbian or if you don ‘t mind losing the 3 g capability then just port it .

Hey , that is a very unique thought that you are trying to do , I had the same feeling as you have know , I had an iphone 4 and then I thought of removing the existing operating system and then installing it with an android gingerbread or at least and froyo . but I was not been able to do that , I still don ‘t know why ,despite of the fact that the requirement that an gingerbread need to have were greater than expect tend, I tried the same with blackberry and was not been able to do that , so I guess that it is moreover linked to an hardware settings .

After reading al the suggest ion and the comments hat user from all around the world has posted above I thought of doing a own research for this , I have been using this with internet and searched for he same topic and found out that it was too risky to do that as it might just corrupt my hardware of the n 900 , but , I have still not dropped my idea , I would continue to flash this with some nokia guys besides me so just wish me luck .