Thread: Is it possible to use 4G Phones in 3G Networks

Is it possible to use 4G Phones in 3G Networks

For now I am using Motorola Droid that works on Verizon’s 3g. Now by looking at advancements and with every one of this talk regarding upcoming metered costing meant for wireless access, I am looking forward to whether this is a right time to upgrade my mobile phone to a 4G device. Do you think that after updating it to 4G will it gonna work on 3G networks also? I ask for the reasons that present speeds work fine intended for my exploit and I'm attracted to stay my existing limitless plan if a metered plan turns out to be more luxurious.

Re: Is it possible to use 4G Phones in 3G Networks

No. No mobile phones that at present operate on 3g can be upgradeable to 4g. LTE is a dissimilar technology. By means of that being said, AT&T will carry on to improve its 3G network as well as HSPDA technology (quick 3g speeds) intended for at least further 2 years. The corporation has for all time been a well-built supporter of having 2-3 frequencies to support you up in the event the main one fails. What that means is that if you’re anywhere and running of 4g except afterward the exposure fades, the 3g will automatically break down like to not leave you stuck. Therefore to repeat, AT&T WILL at rest has its 3G network for lots of lots of years to draw closer.

As far as I know that a 4G mobile phone must have no trouble on a 3G network seeing as the phones are rearward companionable, therefore call quality shouldn't be a problem. On the other hand the 4G phones are dominant and luxurious. If you believe you're child is up to dropping a mobile phone otherwise losing it, a 3G handset choice might be superior. Now I think that on the basis of type of 4G phone you are able to manually set it to simply make use of 3G data connectivity.

In order to upgrade to 4G network make sure that you phone has to be 4G enabled for it to work. If your mobile phone doesn't encompass the 4G chip installed. It will simply run on 3G speed. On the other hand technically yes the 3G will for all time be there for phones made for 3G speeds. However the 4G enabled mobile phones will be capable to access that function

3G, HSPA and HSPA Mobile phones through 3G mobile phones and, more lately, 3G (also recognized as HSPA) at present offers the greatest wireless connection for nearly every one of the people and the examples comprise the Apple iPhone as well as HTC Desire. 3G plus HSPA is ordinary for smartphones. 14Mbps peak performance of 4 Mbps is probable, but genuine to most users is typically much lower and typically more similar to 3.6 Mbps otherwise 7.2 Mbps up.

The original technology LTE is an evolution from the GSM standard. So using the antenna installations of the GSM 900 Mhz. and GSM 1800 Mhz. It is the fourth generation (4G) mobile phone named after GSM, and UMTS (3G). And boffins have been working on a successor to LTE, the LTE Advanced. With LTE Advanced, it should be possible to combine different LTE networks simultaneously for high-speed data connection.

The next evolution of technology called HSPA Evolved and is presently being introduced in a number of countries with the assure of a utmost speed of 42 Mbps, even though the first rate may be quicker to 14.4 Mbps for a few customers. Examples of where this has previously been introduced comprise AT amp; T 3 in America as well as Scandinavia. Phones 4G is the after that step subsequent to HSPA Evolved and several countries are moving straightforwardly to it,