Thread: Downloading and installing APK files in Samsung galaxy Tab 10.1

Downloading and installing APK files in Samsung galaxy Tab 10.1

Well I have recently bought a new Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 with android operating system. My phone is working very fine but as you know it does not have a micro SD card. So I want to ask that how can I still download APK format files and get it installed on my Samsung galaxy android 10.1. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Kindly suggest me how can I download and install .APK files.

Re: Downloading and installing APK files in Samsung galaxy Tab 10.1

Yes you can download .apk files and install it. Make sure you enable side loading of apps. Go to the settings options>> applications then check unknown sources. Then try to download it. You can download applications and install them. Use a file browser to find your downloaded apk format file and just run it. I hope this will help. Kindly tell me did it work or not.

Well I would recommend you to download the app as an .apk file online via computer and store on it on the computer. Install “My Phone Explorer” in your computer. Then attach your Samsung galaxy 10.1 Tab mobile phone to the computer and transfer .apk file from the computer to the mobile. Then download “Apps installer” from marketplace and install the application in your mobile. This way you will be able to access your .apk extension file using your Samsung galaxy 10.1 Tab. I hope this helps. Good luck

Best way to get the .apk file is just getting “ES File Explorer” from the android market. Install it and search for “.apk”. Remember to remove the quotes. This actually takes a minute to scan all the folders on your sd card but it is very helpful. A great anti-virus “AVG” and “Lookout Mobile Security” both are worth and just have it if you are downloading non-market apps on your android. I hope this helps

You can install using the android SDK. You will have to set your Samsung galaxy 10.1 phone up for development use. If you do not know how to setup then try to Google on the internet and search how to setup Samsung galaxy 10.1 phone for development android SDK. After you have followed the instructions, you load up .apk file and install according to the instructions. Connect the phone and setup. Run in a command prompt: adb list or list adb. Search on the google about more.

You can also use Astro File Manager.you can find it on Android Market. Install the Astro file manager. After the installation, make sure that you cut off the Internet connection of your phone and then try to download any .apk file. Then, just connect your phone with the PC and copy all the .apk files on your SD memory card. Astro File Manager will allow you to browse the files later or whenever you want after you disconnect the phone from your computer. Open any .apk file and the file will get installed on your computer.

Well I have tried this one so I would recommend you to install HTC Sync and Install the Android USB drivers, disable use for USB Storage and enable Unknown sources option. Then open HTC Sync, select the application installer, and the type of file (choose .apk), check the box and click next. Follow the path where you stored the third party application on your PC and click on it to install it on the phone. I hope this will be helpful for you.