Thread: How to disable clock that comes on Desk Dock in Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

How to disable clock that comes on Desk Dock in Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I am having Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. Which I have purchased few days back. I am new to this tablet .I like this tab very much only think I don’t like is the clock. I need help regarding the clock which comes out when docked. I don’t want to it appear. So is there anyone has solution for removing it or disabling it. Please provide me the solution. I will appreciate it if anyone helps me.

Re: How to disable clock that comes on Desk Dock in Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1

I am using Samsung Galaxy Tab from last few days. But I have one way for you to remove clock. One way if you don’t want clock .click on the recent app button it will return you to the app which you have used previously. But it makes you frustrated if you want to use it when it is on dock. If you don’t want clock I am suggesting you to open all the apps which you want to open later or planned to open later and then dock it. So you can use your apps while it is on the dock.

I am having Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. I have done this to remove the clock you can also try this to remove it. Go to system/app folder it is for root user only. Now find DeskClock.apk delete this file. Now it keeps you without clock. Now if you have to watch clock then it is problem. For me to see clock I have try to do a trick I have put the clock form honeycomb in Xoom to Smasung Galaxy Tab 10.1 try this. For me it will get clock again back when docked.

I own Samsung Infuse 4G, I am using OEM Desk Dock for it. If we want to disable it from Samsung Infuse 4G. You have to remove Desk Dock app. It will disable it. And if you again want to enable Desk Dock add the apps it will enable clock again. Check if it has such a file in your Tab for the clock. Try to search in system/app folder for such a file. There should be some file rename it to other name. I hpe it will disable it.