Thread: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is lame tablet

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is lame tablet

I have purchased Samsung galaxy tab 10.1. But I really disappointed with this tablet. I think it is good one but it’s not. I think while purchasing it that it will give me I pod like feel in form of responsiveness and smoothness in user interface. To resolve that slowness I installed touchwiz and bonsai roms and still it’s not giving any responsiveness improvement. Its quiet laggy I always getting lag in home screen also while typing. I think my Samsung galaxy s II is really close to it in good smoothness. I am really disappointed with all the apps which causing such a lagging. Is anyone having such a problems with the apps in tab.

Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is lame tablet

I am also having this Samsung galaxy tab but I don’t think its hardware is also slow it’s good but about software I agree that those are really bad in this tab. I don’t know why the developers of this tab can’t able to make simple menu scrolls. Also when I browsing it give me typing lag which is quiet confusing. And also when I enter any small text in the forms it will again lag in its performance. But as you said I am not facing such a problem when I am on the home screen for me it is scrolling smoothly for me. For that I am suggesting you not to put buggy widgets on it. Since when I am using buggy widgets it will gives slow scrolling problems.

I am also in the same problem as you all. I have Samsung galaxy s II as well as Samsung galaxy tab 10.1. But I love my Samsung galaxy s II pretty more since its good performing and responding quiet well. In other hand Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is using Tagra 2 device. I am not blaming them but unfortunately its truth that tagra 2 fails in phones and Tabs. I can’t blame the hardware since single core can run iOS smoothly on iPad. So I think Google has defiantly had some problem. Google has used vanilla honeycomb and all tagra 2 chipset but still they failed.

I am having Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. But I love the tab very much. And also I don’t get such a problem. And I am not facing such a lag. As compare to iOS honeycomb has few bugs which has to be resolved by them. But we have to give it try since as compare to iOS its quiet newer one in market. But it’s closer to iOS. Home screen looks good. But I am not facing such a problem of lags while home screen scrolling and on while typing on screen or browsing through it. I am thinking that you have installed more apps in it.

I am having ipad one as well as galaxy tab. But according to me ipad has GPU which is three times slower than that of that of tagra2. and still its menus scroll really smoothly. I don’t think the problem is with the hardware. Since tagra 2 is really good chipset. I think it is actually problem is with Android itself and honeycomb. So Google has to see what is causing application to slow down that amount. They have to find the bugs which causing such a problem. I will suggest you install only apps required.

I am also using Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. But I am not agreeing with what he posted. Since I am not having such a lag while switching the apps, flipping the screen. I really like this tab. Only single issue I have with it. That is with the default web browser. When I load heavy web pages which have JavaScript and text fields it lags in it. If we use alternative such as opera or dolphin we can avoid such a problem. according to me the people facing the problem due to they use the wrong apps. So I will suggest you people that don’t install such a apps.

angry Re: Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 is lame tablet

Hey guys just joined this forum, quite desperate with my galaxy tab GT-P1000, it started lagging seriously 4 months into use. my friend told me you need to separate the files and save your photos and messages in your memory card. dont know how to do that (pardon my ignorance) saw really good IT-savvy people around.

Anyone knows how to make the tab work faster?? really desperate for help.

problem:

keyboard lag
    user interface lag
    it just lag generally.
    took a long time to respond to a simple click.
    Pls help ME!!!!

Very first thing I wanted to tell you that you should soft reset the tablet. I mean you should simply restart the device.
    In case it is not working I recommend that you should perform the Factory reset and tell me what results you are getting.

Thanks so much
    actually I did try that immediately after posting this thread, but after few days, things start lagging again. Does it mean I have to reboot the device every now and then?