Thread: Is Honeycomb 3.2 update available for the Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 ?

Is Honeycomb 3.2 update available for the Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 ?

Hi I have been using Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 and one of my friend has Motorola xoom and he had updated the firmware Honeycomb 3.2 via OTA. So is this available for the Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 also? I am not sure about this as the devices are preloaded with the 3.0 version so I am hoping that we must be able to install this new version in the device isn’t it? if yes please let me know as I am very keen to have this update for myself. Thanks.

Re: Is Honeycomb 3.2 update available for the Samsung galaxy tab 10.1 ?

I would say you are right as some of Wi-Fi Motorola XOOM’s have Starts To Arrive with the Android 3.2 Honeycomb operating system directly, but I am not sure about your device as you can install it in your device or not, I would say you need to conform it from the service center first and then install it in your device. but there is not much difference in those version apart from fixing some bugs, so if you are having 3.0 still you can update to 3.1 but not sure about the 3.2.

I have installed in my tablet and really very awful I would say and has too many bugs unsolved, so rather it would be better if you don’t install the version in your tablet, in fact I am about to downgrade the tablet firmware to 3.1, and really it is too good than the new one. as after installing the firmware I was not able to sync with the Samsung account though I was providing all the information correctly it was saying that authentication failed.

See I have heard that not in this month but we will have this update in next month for sure, I hope they push the software the day they have decided. But still till that it would be better to wait with the software we have or else we may get the error as the above user. And in truth I have also seen many people’s with such a problem in their devices, so according to me I would say if the software is not available why to install?

As you have mentioned that it is available through the FOTA then you can have option to check whether it is available or not, I mean to say you can check by entering in to the settings and then see for the software update, and as you do this you came to know exactly whether it is available or not, and if it would be listed there you can have option to download it, but I am not sure about this, but you can have another option as well for ensuring as you can call the support center as well for further assistance.