Thread: Which video format does Samsung galaxy 10.1 supports?

Which video format does Samsung galaxy 10.1 supports?

Hi I have recently bought a new device called Samsung galaxy 10.1, and previous I was use to play the movies on the PC or on my laptop only but after getting such a huge screen resolution I would be glad to see movies on this device itself, but as I have bought it newel I am not sure about the file format which is supported by the device. And what is the maximum size that we can put in the device and can play. Please help me with this as I have a very good collection of movies that I am planning to see on this device.

Re: Which video format does Samsung galaxy 10.1 supports?

That’s very good as you are about to play the movies on the device, and let me tell you that device has very good capability to handle multiple video formats. As all the traditional formats are included that were previously available for the mobile phone, but along with that they have added a new codec as well for supporting the newer format as well. you can play the .AVI files, .MP4, .MKV, and many more, and if suppose the files that you aren’t able to play you can simply covert it.

I have the same opinion as the above user, though I don’t have the same device but still I can assume the very standard format that we can play with the device for sure. And about other you can have option to convert them. and sometimes it depends upon the player also that you are using for playing the files, because built in player may not support some of the format but you can use a third party tools for playing them, there isn’t any issue with this.

Moboplayer will offer a bunch of soft-decoding codec , and that will take care of most video formats if hardware-decoding won't work. So you can have this option for playing the files which is not running on the device. I am not sure whether the application is available in the android market or not, but you can get the same application from any other sources as well, and the most important thing is like I have heard that we can play the file with 4Gb in the size at the max, I mean to say not more than that, so before transferring the files make sure about the size.

Hey thanks for the immediate replies guys, as it was really helpful because I have tried to transfer some of the files and which were actually not working with the built in player and after downloading other player I can play those files, but still if suppose we convert the files according to the device needs, so will it ruin the quality or it would be same as the original? I am sure that the size would be going to decrease but still quality is also the major issue.

As we have already discussed too many times about this for many device apart from this as the videos quality always depends upon the conversion criteria. If you are using the perfect codec with perfect setting them surely it may not lose that much quality, but the surest thing is like you’ll surely lose quality after conversion as you’ll not get the same quality as the original files.