Thread: My asus eee pc 701 is dead

My asus eee pc 701 is dead

I just discovered that my asus eeepc 701 is dead. I don’t know after doing some weird experimentations here my laptop got dead and I don’t know what to do in this situation. Can you all tell me is it possible to get a backup of the data or something like that.w ell yes the laptop is indeed old but I am planning to get back some of thedata that was there in it. so that’s what I am asking you all guys. Do you all have any knowledge about the same then do reply over here. I am waiting for the necessary reply from you all on the same. so do start replying accordingly over here.

re: My asus eee pc 701 is dead

Ok then try booting it with the linux livecd and see if it is getting booted up. What’s wrong in taking some chances and see that is it comes out to be some help. So do as what I have said here. maybe that will help you in the process. Remember even a pendrive can also be useful if you are having the necessary linux installation in it. so you can try out any of the two options that I have given here, surely it will help you out in solving problems like these. So that’s what I am saying here.

Yes that is one option that you can try and also if you have any other doubts then what I will advise you is that take it to the nearest asus center and tell them that you want all your data recovered. So that is one option that you should definitely try and hence that’s what you need to do. So better show it to the asus service center and they will give you the necessary information about the same. I am sure that it will be of great help for you.

I am just wondering what you will be doing with the other parts of the laptop. Do one thing better sell it in the ebay and you will fetch good deals there believe me it will be a good opportunity for you to get good deals there. I hope some of the hardware parts of that laptop would be functional and hence can be useful for some other people as well. So you will definitely get to see some takers for that. We must accept that you have took a good maintenance of the laptop which is so old. So that’s a good thing that you have done here. Anyways do give some importance to the point that I have mentioned here. hope that works out for you.

Its total 4 years since I had got this laptop and it is working fine. No issues. However I am very interested in knowing what experiments you all had carried out such that it gave weird result. Cmon tell me? I am very much interested in knowing about it. Otherwise it is a good laptop with a good durability and I am quite sure that it would have lasted for more 2 years if you had taken a good care of it. so that’s what I want to say here. Watch out for the same.

Thanks a lot for all the suggestion guys and also giving me a unique idea of selling in the ebay. So appreciate the ideas that you have given here. Well the unique experimentation was that I went to plug in my DVI cable for my external monitor and that’s it everything else went blank and that caused a lot of issue here. so that led me to the conclusion that everything went dead. So tahts what I am saying here.