Thread: Resounding echo from speakers of Asus Eee PC 1005PEB

Resounding echo from speakers of Asus Eee PC 1005PEB

I had brought this Asus Eee PC 1005PEB some montsh ago and i had no issues wiht it. Recently i started facing a minor issue with the speakers of that laptop. Welli could hear lots of echos coming out fro mthe speaksers of the laptop and hence that was the main problem. It really does becomes a lot irritating to hear those echoes at regular intervals and hence that’s the issue. Now can you all tell me what is the main problem? I am waiting for the necessary suggestions from you all on the same. So start replying over here. Whenever I touch the lid of the laptop it starts giving that weird sound. Cannot understand what can be the issue here. so I want you all guys to address me with the same.

Re: Resounding echo from speakers of Asus Eee PC 1005PEB

Dude I want to ask one thing is this problem only when you are having a video chat while using the skype? I know that you have not mentioned about it in the problem but still I am asking you about the same. since the echo factor is quite common while having a video chat with the skype, that’s what I feel here. so do let me know if the same is the case with you as well. As far as the other effects are concerned then I would advise you to cancel all the sound effects by going to the speakers settings and disabling everything. So that’s a perfect solution for you.

Yes that is one concern here but that is not the one thing that I need to worry over here. whenever I tap the lid of my PC. What I get to hear is the sound that comes after tapping of the mike. Well it is really frustrating to hear some songs as well in the laptop. Yes skype is also a problem here, when I am having a chat with a specific person in skpe I get to hear double voice from that particular person. So that’s what the problem is. Also I have checked out the necessary sound effects in the settings there was nothing much that I could do there. What else do you all have to say here. can you please suggest me something.

I got a solution for just see if that works out for you or not. Go and open up the terminal and then type the following command there
    whereis aplay
    whereis arecord
    just check if you are getting the /usr/bin/aplay and if you are getting then then type the following thing that I have mentioned here
    aplay
    arecord
    these are some of the utilities that you require to test the sond and also will help you in resucung the echo level as well.

I would advise you to check if the microphone is active or not? If it is activated then it is bound to give problems like these. Hope that helps.

Sounds to me as a hardware problem .so the appropriate solution for the problem is that go and show this to the concerned people about the said problem and most probably th ey will offer you some help. May be showing it to the asus people will surely give you some help and if possible they will replace some of the hardware device if your laptop comes under warranty. So that’s what I am saying here. hope it was beneficial for you.

Ok thanks for all the suggestions guys. Appreciate the ideas that you have given here. well I did try with all of the suggestions that you have given here but none of them have worked well for me and hence what I am saying is that it is better to try out the alst option that you have given here. lets see how asus people contributes to the thread and also the problem of mine. So lets hope for the best. Anyways thanks a lot guys for all the co operation that you have given here.