Thread: ASUS Eee PC 1015PEM 2gb upgrade failed

ASUS Eee PC 1015PEM 2gb upgrade failed

Guys I just upgraded my laptop with the windows 7 operating system but there is some problem here. now I have 2GB ram for my laptop and on checking it shows that 2GB is installed and only 1GB is usable and on checking out with the bios it shows that 2GB. I have also noticed that the battery has gone very much weak just after the upgrade and that is a very sad situation I am seeing here. so guys do you all have any necessary help here then do let me know about it. also someone with the same issue may also reply here. I want a good solution for this problem. So I am hoping that you will solve it for me.

Re: ASUS Eee PC 1015PEM 2gb upgrade failed

Well lot of factors do contribute here. First of all I have heard a lot of ram issues with the windows 7 operating system. check what type of RAM are you using as far as I am having the knowledge only 2GB, 204-pin SODIMM, DDR3 with the PC3 memory module runs very well with the windows 7 system. this is what I am talking about the 2GB ram. So check whether the necessary configuration that I have given you about the ram does matches with your one as well. Surely will do so, let me know if that was of good help for you or not.

I don’t know how much truth is in it but I have heard that 2GB ram does work well only with the windows 7 64 bit operating system. so if you are using windows 7 32 bit operating system then it will bound to give some problems. So that’s what I have heard of again I am saying that I am not sure whether how much truth is in it. Issues like these are very much common with the windows 7. I am a genuine xp user and I will stick with it.

See if you are using windows 7 64 bit then it is very much advisable that you stick with at least 4GB of RAM. so that’s what the minimum requirement specified for the windows 7 64 bit operating system and I am sure that any of your small problems will be solved after that. So that’s what I am saying here. I hope I have answered out all the necessary questions of yours and I hope you will do upgrade your system as soon as possible for the same.

Why don’t you run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor. I think so it is the best tool that you should have in the present moment of time. All your questions will be solved after running this tool. What it will do is that it will scan the entire system and will come up with the detailed report that if your system is capable of windows 7 and which changes should be done with the hardware’s and all. so that’s a interesting tool that you must check it out and I am sure that it will erase all your worries. So go and get one as soon as possible.

Thanks a lot for all the suggestion guys. I am very much happy with all the answers that you have given here. Appreciate the help that you have given here. so thanks a ton for the same. Well I will surely run the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor and yes I am quite sure that it will advise me to make some changes In the ram only. That’s what I feel over here. I will upgrade it to the 4GB of ram. Since the operating system of mine is windows 7 64 bit.

I have a similar problem on the same system. My wife upgraded to windows 7 32 bit. I have 2 gigs installed, the bios and windows 7 show 2 gigs, but only one is usable. Verified ram should work. Is this because she installed 32 bit instead of 64 bit.

Quote Originally Posted by bkitchen0406 View Post
    I have a similar problem on the same system. My wife upgraded to windows 7 32 bit. I have 2 gigs installed, the bios and windows 7 show 2 gigs, but only one is usable. Verified ram should work. Is this because she installed 32 bit instead of 64 bit.
    32bit operating system uses only 3.5 gb of ram maximum where else 64 bit uses over above it. So it is a not a problem with the OS, actually the 2gb ram is visible to your computer, so it's there. Windows does stuff in the background (in addition to everything that's running in the foreground) - so it's eating some memory just by running.
    you know you've made it big on here when you have your own imposter

You are exactly right. Than you