Thread: Sansa Fuze+ clock works only when device is turned on

Sansa Fuze+ clock works only when device is turned on

I hope that some of you might have used or seen the Sandisk Sansa Fuze+ . this is a good device and also a good mp3 player. The only problem I am getting with it is clock. When I turn on the device the clock work perfect. I adjust the time. When I turn off the device, the clock also stops working. And when I turn on the device again, it showing me the default device time. Now need to reset it again. This has to be done every time I turn on the device. How could be so? Is there any way to solve this problem?

Re: Sansa Fuze+ clock works only when device is turned on

The first thing to do is to connect the MP3 player to your computer: it is very important to connect before, leaving open the other end that connects to the reader. If you do not order, you still have problems and will spend hours trying to trove a solution, instead of just 5 minutes. Later, go to the Settings menu of the device, and look for the option that allows you to configure the USB connection. Clear device memory and disconnect it from the computer. Set the device to default setting and restart the device. It might be fixed now

I don't recognize whether the clock trouble is worldwide, except there are many who have this dilemma. The clock on mine is working correctly, except it stopped doing after firmware revisions, and it has not been repaired. Specifically, the clock will remain good time on condition that the Fuze+ is on, excluding while the Fuze is restarted following being off, it reverts back toward the similar time that you previous set it on behalf of.

It seems to me like a firmware issue. But you don’t need to worry about that because Sandisk's new firmware available for its Sansa Fuze portable media players. These devices are equipped with 2, 4 or 8GB of internal memory and are not averse to microSD / SDHC memory cards. Depending on the revision of the hardware is a separate firmware available, but the changes are the same. New in this release include that the music database can contain twice as many songs, which incidentally is a format of the player is required.

Basically, you need to download the firmware archive, unpack it and make a copy and paste the contents of the archive to the root of the drive if I remember correctly: If your drive is identified by the letter F, at random, copy / paste is done at f: \). Make sure that you download the correct archive! (There is a V1 and V2 of the Fuze. Normally, you have to go through the menus to check.... but, as it crashes, it will be a problem. Should see if it's listed somewhere on the packaging or if it can be seen via the Sandisk Updater). Attention to install a firmware on a V1 V2 Fuze or vice versa could be planted permanently.

The great thing about the Fuze is that it supports OGG. It is a nasty video you want to play almost exclusively by the special Sansa converter should be fitted for this player. I had hoped that once the right people at Sandisk mencoder or ffmpeg institutions could show whether the Fuze somewhat broader in its video capabilities would get stuck, eg that he is an ordinary AVI with mpeg4 video and mp3 audio could play