Thread: Sansa Fuze+: Rockbox status

Sansa Fuze+: Rockbox status

I have purchased the Sansa Fuze+ for the reason that I have been waiting used for years to find a 50 GB or further solid state through radio as well as recording. I'm staying present through the firmware, plus I am finding many workarounds. The problem I having in this is about the controls. It is not something like they are excessively sensitive otherwise a trouble through tagging. The compassion is an additional side effect of the impassiveness with a completely loaded huge collection. The device just doesn't instance piece well and it doesn't stock up its index in whichever quickly available format. I had Rockbox on old 40 GB HDD iRiver before this. It was actually well-organized. So Now I believe that it would be overwhelming on the Fuze+.

Re: Sansa Fuze+: Rockbox status

According to Wikipedia the alternative firmware Rockbox is an open source type digital music players MP3. The firmware loader and allow these players operate without the constraints of the manufacturer as to the formats you are able to reproduce, software extensions (plug-in and games) may include, among other advantages. I had a Sansa E260 with Rockbox and it was a hundred times better than the original firmware. Best features included FLAC support and FrozenBubbles.

The problems for playback of music could be solved - only the processor load must still be reduced. Crashes are obviously no longer the rule. Causing problems, especially the clip - this was in version 2 (V2 device called the Rockbox recently AMS Class, according to the manufacturer of some hardware components) donated a new CPU version. The developers have done a very impressive, pretty much everything was reverse Engineered, SanDisk has (as usual) little interest in porting Rockbox shown. This I still do not understand.

I have about 2 weeks now since Rockbox running on my Fuze works very stable from, and you realize the OS to its "unstable" status but still in progress. The latest version of Rockbox for the Sansa Fuze is not considered as stable. The only "bug" is noticed that the official firmware gets stuck on the update of the database when it loads.

Rockbox itself through the database and update the boot time can be accelerated. This, too, in analogy to the Clip +. The sound quality can be with my headphones hardly differ from the Clip + and overall I would describe as very good. Because of the diverse settings preset by each can probably even the desired quality for the small box to get out. The radio feature is a bit fiddly to use and is similar in function and in the reception quality, including the Clip + Rockbox. I would permanently receive in mono, to ensure the best reception.

In Rockbox, the term "stable" That Means a port shares the Following HAS completed:
    • A Hand That Rockbox construct enables the device to Be utilized like a digital music player. Rockbox does not hold up USB charging otherwise On Every player, In Those boxes and the port have to support dual-booting the unique firmware Into Those aspects to allow.
    • End-user installation directions for the 3 main OSs (Linux, OS X as well as Windows), counting directions intended for dual-boot Where It Is necessary to Meet the criterion earlier;

The video feature on the Fuze is slightly cropped with Rockbox. As with the clip + the OFW can even start to watch videos in MP4 format. The integration of the feature in Rockbox but would have been nice. This leaves only left MPEG1 / 2 video. This is not really optimal, but not crucial for me to use Rockbox. The benefits are numerous and very interesting. That it also runs Doom, is more fun than buying one really serious argument.