Thread: Can WD TV WDAVP00BE media player run WDAVN00 firmware?

Can WD TV WDAVP00BE media player run WDAVN00 firmware?

I own a HD TV WDAVP00BE media player and was about to install any latest firmware on this player but when seen their respective website I came to know that the version that I have mentioned in the title they have launched but the thing is like it run with WDAVN00 model only, isn’t it or we run the same firmware with the product I have as well? please help me with this as I have installed any updates ever before so I am not aware about this thing exactly. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Can WD TV WDAVP00BE media player run WDAVN00 firmware?

Let me tell you., I am sure as you’d be happy after seeing this as you can install this version in your player as well, because as the extent to I know the firmware is well-matched to all WD TV models put on the market globally. So you can make use of this software. but as you have mentioned that you haven’t done it on your own on ever before, the best option would be to hire any expertise who has a very good experienced with updating the software.

Yeah I am also sure as you can install this version in your player for sure, but the thing is like why you want to install it as there isn’t any major changes I have noticed after installing it in my player, as some minor changes are done with some Extra features. But still i would say though I have installed the latest one but still I would like to recommend you that you should stick with the one you have.

See if you are still not agree with this thing you can have another option as you can call the service center for sure, as from there if you tell them the model number you have, they will told you the current software that you are using and the updates available for the player if any. And for sure you can install this software in your machine, but the thing that you have to concern is to hire a person who know how to update the software, don’t do it on your own if you don’t know how to do that.

There is nothing like this as I am not agreed with you people but as I have already mentioned that I haven’t done it ever before so I was just confused, but after seeing all this comments I was quite happy to see, and I would like to know about the latest software, I mean to say what are the functions rather features they have added in the new firmware? Is it worthy to update the software, or this is just waste of time? anyways thanks for the above suggestions.

Well this is basically depends on you, if you want to try the new one its off course your choice, and the above mentioned are just the opinions. Still I would like to give you the idea about the new software, as in the latest software they have Added video play list support, along with this you can simply lock external storage devices such as the hard drive with the unique keyword, that increases the parental control and the security as well, fatherly improved cover art, album art, and thumbnail support for all kinds of media files.

If suppose you are willing to install the software on your own I would like to mentioned the steps involved, and believe me it is too simple.

1. You need to first download the firmware which you’ll get in .ZIP file so after downloading that extract the two files with a Extension .BIN and .VER to USB drive's primary directory.

2. As you do this switch the WD TV player on and connect the USB drive.

3. You have to select the SETTINGS from the home screen, and in that only you’ll get the option for the firmware upgrade, an icon would be there, so press enter with the help of remote.

4. You will be impelled to execute the firmware upgrade so at that time chose OK and press ENTER. And be patient as it will restart the system for sometime often. As after competing this it will automatically enters firmware upgrade mode.

5. And as the update procedure finished the HD media player will reboot once more, and then you are ready to go.