Thread: Where can i get Escient Fireball Firmware ?

Where can i get Escient Fireball Firmware ?

Hi, I am using an original Escient Fireball and recently I have started getting problem with the drive it has as it always get lost after starting the player. And I think this is some fault in the software itself, isn’t it? So I would be glad if someone help me to get the firmware for the device I have. I am not in a situation to get the new player instead, so form where can I get the firmware? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Where can i get Escient Fireball Firmware ?

This is might be because of the software itself, but still there is possibility of hardware failure as well, because as you have mentioned that the drive is not getting detected, so are you sure that the drive is working perfectly? Because see if that’s the only problem then though you installed the new firmware the problem would remain the same. so better option would be to test the drive first of all, I mean whether it is working perfectly or not and then install new firmware.

Yeah I am agree with the above user as you should first of all check whether it is working or not, but if suppose you are sure that it is working perfectly so you can simply download the software from the WDTV’s official website and copy it in the USB flash drive, and after that connect the USB drive to machine and install the new firmware, and if suppose you are not getting how to do that you can have option to read the manual rather guide first.

Have you tried to contact the Escient's customer service ever, if yes then what they are saying about this? and if you haven’t then according to me you should first of all start troubleshooting form there. And as the above user mentioned you’ll get the software form there only, but it would be good if you contact them as soon as possible.

Hello, I was having escient h40, and it was also saying the same thing, and at that time I was quite newer to this product so could not have enough knowledge about this, and so I have send it to the service center and they took very good care of the product and off course I get the solution as well to my product. Thus I would like to recommend you the same thing as you should also do the same thing. But if you want to do it on your own you can simply download the firmware and install it in your machine.

I am sure as this is the problem in the software only, because I was also having the same problem and at last came to know about the software corruption, so if you want to update the system on your own, you need to first of all download the software and keep it a flash drive and connect it to the system, and from the settings only you’ll get the option for updating the firmware, and it would reboot itself often.