Thread: How to use iPod touch as a remote control to access streamed content using airport express ?

How to use iPod touch as a remote control to access streamed content using airport express ?

Hi I have a my Itunes collection that I always use to play with Airport Express and while doing the same I uses iPod Touch as the Remote, and with the similar way I am planning to access Pandora, and I know I can make use of Airfoil to stream content, but I have heard that we need to got to PC every time we want to play, and that I don’t want to do, I mean simply I want to change the source. So for that only is there any other software that does the same thing and I can play the managed content, any suggestion, thanks.

Re: How to use iPod touch as a remote control to access streamed content using airport express ?

What is the problem using the airfoil, the only thing is like you have to stream the content from the PC, so what’s the problem, because another way is quite lengthy, you can make use of Soundbridge as well, it will work straightly with my NAS (HP MV5140) with no the necessity to maintain a PC switch on. And for this there is an Iphone remote application that we can use with Soundbridge.

Re: How to use iPod touch as a remote control to access streamed content using airport express ?

According to me not throughout the Airport Express. Because as far as I know apple pretty much restrict its consumer to iTunes content. And for that what you need is a Logitech Squeezebox Duet or a Sonos. This together will permit you to listen to your local music library just like the Airport Express but remember this is only for non-DRM. And along with this you can have access to content like Napster, Rhapsody, Pandora, Sirius XM, internet radio, Last.FM, etc.

surely you can use the Pandora and other application as well, an iphone application is the best way to use and afterward play using airplay to your airport express. I am using the same setup at my place, and the thing which is important is like you won’t have to worry about the PC, as there isn’t any need to turn the PC on. Or you can simply make use of the internet as well for playing the content directly from the ITunes.

I also has the same opinion as the above user as you can make use of internet directly as well. in other words if suppose your wireless network is quite good you can make use of audio related applications such as LastFm, etc. and off course you can run Pandora also using the IPod touch. See the thing is like if you stream the content from the PC, it would not load the machine, rather if you directly access the content directly from the internet you’ll need to have a constant internet access.

According to me as well the best application is the airfoil, because all others are just the suitable application rather this is specially designed by the apple only, and it always depends upon the version so if suppose you have a latest software for the airport Express you can simply have this software for playing the ITunes content. And make sure that you get the software according rather compatible with the operating system that you are using.