Thread: iPhone gets offline after updating iOS 4.0

iPhone gets offline after updating iOS 4.0

I am the user of WD photos from last two years. Its working is very good. I like its performance. But after two years I gets bored of these things. So that’s why I am trying to update the things. Actually I have an iphone which give me better performance from last three year and it is also works fine. Then I had try to update my iphone to iOS 4.0. Till that everything is OK. But after that I am facing problem of getting message of "Device is offline. (668)". But in actual the device is online because I can access my phone from my laptop. This is happens when both devices are on and connected on the same network. I don’t get any solution for that. Please give me any solution to solve this problem. Please help me out.

re: iPhone gets offline after updating iOS 4.0

I am also user of iphone and I also face same problem six months ago. So i am giving you here some ideas to get rid of it. I am also use the WD photos for my iphone. but after upgrading the iOS the offline message comes on my device. So I tried WD Photos 1.0.1 (latest in app store) which is best for iPhone 4. There is another way that you can use MioNet webapp which is available on mionet’s site(you can access it by registering and loging). Then you will find your device gets online. This can be shown by your NAS. For that you have to try on your NAS page and do a stop/start process for the help. I hope this will give you better experience.

I read your problem and I come to know this problem is related to OS. Here I am giving you a suggestion for your problem. Actually the “device is offline (668)” message problem is not occurred due the iPhone/iPod Touch online status. Because its come from the status of the My Book World or ShareSpace. If you want to confirm that your device is offline or not then launch MioNet Web which you will get on the mionet’s website. Where you can get the My Book World or ShareSpace status either you are online or offline? If you are not online then you cannot communicate with the MioNet servers. Sometime you finds that the unit is working fine on the home network. I think this will help you to solve your problem.

According to your problem I can give you a solution to solve it. But I cannot give a guarantee that it will works for you. First you have to reboot the “My Book”. This can be done by inserting a paperclip into the re-set switch which will found in the back . this can be done by the ethernet cable connector and then hold it for 4-5 seconds. Then you definitely get an error message of "File not Found (660)". The duration of can be upto 10 minutes. Then you will see everything gets fine. This has to be done because the iOS 4.1 allows a larger cache. In tis way you can solve your problem. This trick is works on my device that’s why I am giving you this advice. I hope this will give you some help for solving your problem. Thank you.

I read your problem. From your description I come to know that your device is not automatically restarting after you try to reconnect the mionet service. The mionet web service will show your device as offline after the connection gets disappear. This problem usually found due to this reason only. So I give you an advice to reboot the whole device or you can restart the service in the web interface. I hope this can give you better experience. Thank you.

Re: iPhone gets offline after updating iOS 4.0

As per your description I think there are so many solutions are available for you to solve these type of questions. Here I am giving you some of them. First if anything is not applicable for you leave it. Means that stop Mionet first. Then you should try to reboot your device from the dashboard which will get you on your local network. This will work for you. If after this you have the same problem then you have to try the next. The another option is to try reboot your device and change the setting for energy saving. Because it actually trying to turn off your drive and making it Offline to WD photos app. When you trying to launch and attempt to contact NAS drive it cannot be wake up from WD photos. I hope this can be useful to you while solving your problem.