Thread: Want to fix my Sony Ericsson k800i joystick, how to do this?

Want to fix my Sony Ericsson k800i joystick, how to do this?

Hey, I had new Sony Ericsson k800i from the last 6 months, but now its joystick is not working properly. Joystick doesn’t responds when I press it o move in any direction. Is there any problem with my joystick or with my K800i.when I press my joystick don then it work properly but when I press up joystick then it is exasperating. I want to know that is this problem is firmware related or it is related with my joystick or with my phone board?

Re: Want to fix my Sony Ericsson k800i joystick, how to do this?

There are problem with the Sony Ericsson K700/K750 but now this problem is also with the K800, it means that the K-series family have this joystick problem. I will advise here to check your firmware and be sure that you are using the latest firmware for your mobile, I am not sure that it will solve your problem, but it might help here. Check your firmware, if you are using the latest firmware then there must be the hardware problem, then you will need to change your hardware.

I will suggest you to check your firmware if you are using the latest firmware then you need to open your K800i and clean your joystick. There might be some dust problem, which causes your joystick to not work properly. This contains few steps 1) open your K800i, joystick is a part semi-see-thru piece which is made up of plastic. Actually this plastic covers the whole keypad, and also the soft key area of the phone. You should sprayed the joystick bit under the plastic with some VCD head cleaner. This will help you to fix your joystick again.

I had the similar problem with my K800i, I was using the latest firmware but still my joystick is not working properly. If you have the same problem then you should check your firmware first. If again your joystick is causing the same problem then, don’t go for the hardware replacement, you should try to open your mobile and to solve this problem. If you are not familiar with the opening mobile and cleaning the joystick. Then go to service center, they will solve your problem.

I will recommend you to download the latest firmware software, it will surely makes the joystick feel as good as new. While downloading the firmware software make sure that you re using the latest firmware software, otherwise the same problem will come. If still your joystick is not working with your requirement then go o change your hardware. At that time I am sure that there is problem with your joystick hardware.