Thread: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc is not working with 32GB SD card

Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc is not working with 32GB SD card

Hey, my father gave me Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc on my birthday. It’s performance is very good but, now my Xperia is not supporting my 32GB SD card. I want to confirm that, is any one have Sony Xperia Arch working properly with the 32GB card. I had tested my SD card in Nokia mobile and in PC also. It works fine with them, but it is not working in my Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc. I want to know is there any solution to solve this problem.

Re: Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc is not working with 32GB SD card

You need to update your phone, check that it is on latest firmware. If it is not then update your Arc and then try again to support your 32GB card. Your Xperia supports the Android 2.3 operating system, which supports up to 32GB micro SD cards. But if your phone is not supporting it then go for the update your mobile system, it might helps you to solve your problem. There may be problem with your Arc, check your updates.

It might happen that your Android is not pleased with your file transfer from the old SD to new 32GB SD card. Once again format your SD card and then wipe all required files from the old SD card using the windows. And then put the 32GB SD card to your Xperia and again starts the phone, it will display the notification as preparing SD card, then check the setting of primary storage and set it to the SD card only. Check your SD again that it contains the proper data which you require.

There are some features of your 32GB SD card with Xperia:
    Retail boxed
    • genuine Kingston product
    • More data storage for your music and photos. But if still it is not working properly with your Xperia then there might be problem with your Xperia phone or with your Android Operating System. Make sure that your system is currently updated, and it is on current firmware. Check your SD card in the computer or in other mobile. There will also be problem with your card also.

Micro SD card of your Xperia is ultra small size, ant it also consumes very less power of your handset. I will suggest you to try formatting your 32GB card on computer using FAT32 mode. Actually all the SD cards are not comfortable with the Sony Ericsson mobile phones, so check on the Sony web site that you are using the proper SD card which is supported by your mobile phone. Check with the other mobile phones that Card is working properly or not.