Thread: Changing ringtone of Sony Ericsson K800i

Changing ringtone of Sony Ericsson K800i

I am having Sony Ericsson K800i. Well I am having a particular query which I wanted to resolve by any mean. How can I change the ringtone which has been just transferred from the computer? I have gone through the settings but there was nothing which I can use to fix the matter of mine. Let me know if you are aware of any specific solution to get the requirement of mine. Any help on this particular matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Changing ringtone of Sony Ericsson K800i

I think it is really easy to set ringtone on the phone of yours. now question is how to do the same?It is really simple and you have to use below mentioned steps.
    • You have to simply move to song which you wanted to set as a ringtone.
    • Now you have to press more and then go for you have to select as use as and then you have to select the Ringtone.

Hey thanks a lot for the reply of yours. I have used the instruction which you have mentioned over here and I let you know that I have not got the above mentioned option over here. I am getting this particular option for the ringtone which has been provided by the phone itself. for your information I am using the MP3 file. Let me know if you are having any other suggestion to fix the matter of mine.

As far as I know you will be able to set MP3 file as a ringtone. I am suspecting that you are trying to set ringtone on the phone of yours by using the Music player. So I let you know that you will not be able to do the same. well you should simply load the MP3 file on the Music and then you have to simply select the Ringtone option. I am hoping that the information which I have mentioned over here will be syeful to you.

Well looking at the situation which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting following steps to get the requirement of yours.
    • You have to go for Main menu and then go for Media Album.
    • Into Media Album you have to select the Music Folder and select the desire track.
    • Now you have to choose More and go for Use As and then go for Ringtone.

Let me know whether you have managed to fix the matter of yours. if you have not resolve the matter than I recommend that you should contact the service center of the device manufacturer and claim for the service warranty. The service center people will work on the phone of yours and fix the issue with the phone of yours. also see that device of yours should not have any physical damage otherwise you will not be able to claim the service warranty.