Thread: Unable to connect Wi-Fi using Sony Ericsson P990i

Unable to connect Wi-Fi using Sony Ericsson P990i

I have bought a Sony Ericsson P990i Smartphone. Also I have bought a new router with Wi-Fi capabilities (802.11b/g). I tried to connect my phone with the router using WLAN options but it didn’t work. It always says unable to connect. I am tired of trying. I have also disabled WEP on router settings. I have tried the WEP key but I don’t know what exactly it is why it is used. Kindly tell me about WEP also.

Re: Unable to connect Wi-Fi using Sony Ericsson P990i

If you have got a secure connection on your router then you have to enter the WEP key in your phone as you set up an account. WEP is a wired equivalent privacy security protocol used by WLAN (wireless local area networks) WEP is designed to provide the same level of security as that of a wired LAN. Make sure that you have access point’s settings. You need to change from default to always ask or Wi-Fi. If you have selected any security settings on your Wi-Fi router then please turn it off and then try connecting. I hope this will help.

Check does your phone supports any such connections or no. read the web guide available on the internet for the Sony Ericsson. Are you putting the wireless router port wire correctly? Well as far as I know the purpose of Wi-Fi is to eliminate Ethernet network cables between mobile devices and a broadband access point. Make sure that you see access points. For that go to the Main Menu then open Connect folder and launch Conn Mgr (Connection Manager). Click WLAN and you will see a list of Wi-Fi access points in the range. Hope this helps. I don’t have much idea about WEP except that it is a wired equivalent privacy protocol.

May be your router has some problems. Get it checked from where you have purchased. As you have recently got it then it is possible that it will get replaced. Also try enabling the WEP key on the router because it is a protocol used by wireless LAN. This should help. You can also try opening your Wi-Fi access point's user guide. To check the connection from your router, use a PC with Wi-Fi connection to verify that your Wi-Fi router is connected to the Internet.

I think you need to make sure that the cable from the ADSL or cable modem is connected to the LAN port in the Wi-Fi unit. If there are light indicators for LAN and Wi-Fi connections then they should blink. Then try switching on the Wi-Fi on your mobile phone.try to open the Settings folder present on your phone>>Select Connections and Wi-Fi Settings. Select Wi-Fi from the menu. It is available in this phone. You have to switch Wi-Fi on the phone by selecting option turn Wi-Fi on. Then try connecting again from the beginning. Hope this will help.