Thread: Fault in power supply of Asus Eee pc 1005HA netbook

Fault in power supply of Asus Eee pc 1005HA netbook

I have the Asus Eee pc 1005HA at my home. I am a new user of this device. So I don’t know the whole information about it. This device have been purchased by me two months ago. Its working fine till last week. but from last week I face a problem. My problem is when I am trying to insert the plug of the power supply in the socket then the netbook switches on automatically with the black screen. After that when I am trying to switch off the netbook and switch it on without removing the plug from the wall socket it switches on normally with the same configuration I left on that while switched off. I also try to insert the battery then it it doesn't switch on automatically but when pressing the power button it starts with the black screen and the configuration is also changed from previous one. I also try to change the configurations in the BIOS but I can’t change anything. Can anyone solve my problem? Please help me out from this problem.

Re: Fault in power supply of Asus Eee pc 1005HA netbook

According to your description I come to know that you have a power off problem. I can give you some advice to solve this kind of problem. I am giving you an advice to buy a can of compressed air and blow out around the power on switch and keyboard also. In this way you can cover the things that are needed by the system to switch on and off. Sometime the power on button may be stuck. Or there are some Fn or Del button may be pressed. Your problem not look like software issue but its more look like hardware issue. So please check out your whole hardware system and replace any part that causes the problem. In this way you can solve your problem. I hope this will help you. Thank you.

I read your problem. And I come to know that you have a hardware problem. I give you a guaranty of that it’s a problem of faulty power switch. So you have to replace that. If you have warrantee on your parts then it’s worth for you. Please try to replace that as soon as possible. Or you can get that part from a major electronic parts reseller like Mouser or Digikey or any other. You can buy it or sell it from eBay also. I think this will give you better idea to solve your problem. Thank you.

I can give you some advices to solve your problem. You can try to swap the RAM of your computer. Because black screen problem can be often be traced by the RAM. If this not works for you then I come to know the problem is regarding to single component on motherboard. The place you took it to may simply not be skilled enough to trace the source. So you can swap the motherboard. This is the best way to solve your problem. I think this can help you for your comfort. Thank you.

I think this is the problem of motherboard. So I can give you suggestion to check out your motherboard with another system. If there also you get the same problem then you can replace your motherboard. Sometimes you don’t need to buy new motherboard so just check out which slot on the mother board Is damaged or corrupted. So that you can repair it and can be used it again. This can be cost efficient also. But I prefer to replace the whole motherboard. I hope this will give you better experience. Thank you.

I have worked on several of these 1005HA machines, and I have found several where the power adapter is generating <19V that it should be. I've tested several that generated 12V-15V. So, the indicator light on the power supply will be on, but the machine is not getting enough voltage to actually power up.

Swapping for a known-good power supply has fixed most of these problems.

Also, the hard drives tend to go bad after repeated hard shutdowns due to the power issues.

I had a similar issue with old laptop. I tested the same with number of adapters and found that issue was related to the adapter I was using. But in your case it looks different. There is no way other than replacing the laptop power supply. It can be fault in the laptop also, try to show the same to some service center. There are certain portable power adapters for laptop which are quiet helpful in dealing with such issues.