Thread: Softkey modding in Sony Ericsson J10i2 Elm

Softkey modding in Sony Ericsson J10i2 Elm

I was in search for some phone that really used the shortcut key to change or swap better then contacts and the media as they are the two most commonly used things by so I have then been able to swap these key easily by the use of this software, but, I am still not sure about his, but I think that it would be really not been able to do that for me as I have still not planned to use any thing here , but I would really like to see if that would be really possible for me to do this be softkey modding.

Re: Softkey modding in Sony Ericsson J10i2 Elm

Well that is really a weird thought that you have you would need to do the same , but I think that would really not been possible for me to deal with that ,as iot would need to be flashed form the bios with some modification that would be made on it , which according to me ,would not be a safe option as it might then lead to frequent crashes if not coded properly so it better to use as it rather than trying to edit the operating system .

I have a easier option here, but his option would not work as the simple as the soft modding would do, but still this is the most accurate that I can get through without editing any modules of the bios, here is how you can do that, I have made some previous thread to this and I am not sure whether it would work for you, but, you should really try considering the changing the media option in the D pad to the down key as that it would work in an similar way .

I think it would be easy for you to do that as there are many other user who are trying to have the same problem here, so just download some files that allow you to do this , I mean there are pletely of htem available and then you need to locate the file named to tpa/preset/custom, and delete cust_menu_data.dat which h would be right under the cust_menu_done_unpacking.dat from the system/preset/custmenu and then start your phone so that you can see the changes .

After reading all the suggestion that t were given by you guys I figured out that I should drop my thinking of soft modding my phone as there are many risk involved in this which I was previously unaware of so of the things that are occurring here , I would rather like to have a the orginal version as that is the one that is working good for me , well thanks foe l\all the time and response that you all gave me