Thread: What can I do if power pin is broken of ASUS 1201HAB laptop?

What can I do if power pin is broken of ASUS 1201HAB laptop?

I having ASUS 1201HAB laptop. This laptop is very close to my heart because my dad is gifted me at my birthday. And this working fine but now I think there will be some problem occurred, the power socket has one power pin ,but I noticed that that pic has broken off . I just want confirmation there is any pin in socket?if yes, then without that pin how can I charge my laptop ?

Re: What can I do if power pin is broken of ASUS 1201HAB laptop?

Yes my friend you are right. laptop having Dc power jack. Most of the time laptop can be switches off due virus, ram problem or many thing and one common technique is broken power pin which solder with motherboard. Power pin cane be broken due to pulling power pin. without this power pins you can charge your laptop. To recovered this pin manufacturer can cost more, actually we can also replace this pin but it required more amount of knowledge of disassemble. So I think don’t try it own take help of specialize assemblies engineer.

One small pin also be a important part of laptop. without this, your power cable cant transferred power to the mother board. Power pin size and type varies from model to model and manufacturer to manufacturer. So my friend if you are trying to buy online then don’t forget to mention model number of your laptop. it is called DC jack is supposed to have a center pin. Power plug is stuck in it.

If you want to know, how to replace the old jack with new one then see the whole process in summary
    First you must identify a bad charger if your laptop isn’t charging when you plugged it meanse your power pin is break there must 3 posibility
    • your dc jack has need to be re-soldered your dc has been Brocken in unseen areas of jack itself there must be problem with mother board not with dc jack

Then find type or what style of power jack you need. You can purchase online just mention model number of laptop. Check that you get the correct jack size. Failure will be identify because it create problem when you plug in power code.
    Tool :-
    • Screw Drivers (different sizes and shapes)
    • Paper
    • Pen or Pencil
    • Packaging Tape
    • Soldering Iron (and soldering essentials)
    • Basic electronics and soldering knowledge

Open laptop from back side>noted down the total screw and position of the screw>remove the external device>when you remove screw ,use the tape to stick them the hole where they came from>draw the diagram of structure of laptop>handle with care>there is one plate it is LCD is the most fragile piece of laptop>now look the connection of jack with motherboard if there is cold soldering then just re-soldering the jack dc in place>replace the new one with old one> using soldering iron which heat up the solder from dc jack and removed the old jack
    This whole process required more patience