Thread: broken graphics card on Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Xi2528

broken graphics card on Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Xi2528

I have a Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Xi2528 laptop with Geforce 8600M graphics card. From 3 years I’m using this laptop but in last week the Geforce graphics card broken down. When I checked it store, I found very much dust in the cooling system due to this fan speed affected. They said that due to slow speed of fan it gets warm and broke. So I search on internet it seems that it is due production fault also. I want to know that should manually I will change the graphics card. Or I go for replacement due to production fault. And tell me about the price of graphic card. Is it possible to upgrade this graphics card?

Re: broken graphics card on Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Xi2528

You are saying that you are using this laptop from since 3 years. Then it means that its warranty period is over so you can for replacement option, if you go in Fujitsu service center they will charge you for repairing your laptop. You can change your laptop graphics card manually just you have to carefully open the screw and take out all the parts carefully then picked up graphics card and replace that graphics card with new one and then again fit all the screw which you have open but while fitting be carefully. Put all the correct parts at correct place from where you picked those parts. Then install driver for new Graphics card and then your laptop will be fine.

You can put manually graphics card. If you want how to fit graphics card then search on internet about this problem they will explain you with pictures. So through you get quickly how to replace graphics card. You will get NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS around $80. Easily you will get this graphics card from the market. Or you can also buy through internet there I think it will get cheaper then market price. You are using this laptop since from 3 years means your warranty period is over it means Fujitsu service center will charge even though it is production fault.

The previously graphics card of your laptop is providing you 512MB graphics memory. If you are planning for upgrading the graphics card then it is possible to upgrade your graphics card. you can replace your previously NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS with Nvidia Quadro FX 5500 Graphics Video Card. this graphics provide you up to 1GB graphics memory. This graphics video card price is US $295.59 with one year warranty. This will give you a high experience of playing games on your laptop. If can’t afford this graphics card then you can replace your damaged graphics video card with the new one which price is around US $80.

If you have knowledge about how to open a laptop then definitely manually you will replace your graphics video card. if you want full instruction about how to replace Graphics card manually then you can prefer internet which will give full instruction about this problem with showing pictures. You can also upgrade your graphics card there are two graphics card available 1) HP Nvidia Quadro FX 5500 (PCI-E, 1GB) 2) Nvidia Quadro FX 5500 Graphics Video Card PCI-e. I will suggest you that you go for Nvidia Quadro FX 5500 Graphics Video Card PCI-e, because its price is affordable. This graphics card price is US $260 and other graphics card price is US $1098.00. so now you understand why I’m giving more preference to Nvidia Quadro FX 5500 Graphics Video Card PCI-e graphics card.